New GM

Official News and Announcements

Re: New GM

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:55 am

Favorite Color?

Favorite Pop-star?

Favorite Drama? ;zagar
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby lupos » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Just cause I felt like answering :P

1. Favorite Food? (reason?) Meat with BBQ sauce. Probably baby back ribs, but just BBQ in general.

2. Favorite Movie? (reason?) Truth? Transformers The Move (animated). Grown up answer, boogie nights. Just an amzing film. Funny, dramatic, different, well acted, well directed. Just an all around amazingly solid movie.

3. Favorite Alteil card? (reason?) Tough to say, probably Dalos at the moment.

4. Favorite Alteil art? (reason?) I love the creepy angel... forget the name of hand. Have to look that up.

5. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be and why? Um, um..... Ninja turtle?

6. Favorite Color? Blue

7. Favorite Pop-star? Michael Jackson. Greatest ever, even if he has become a weirdo.

8. Favorite Drama? Battlestar.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Arakis » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Wow, so many questions. But then I guess nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Let's start with the most on-topic one. My favorite sphere is Gowen. While I fully intend to learn my way thoroughly around all 4 spheres, Gowen will probably always be closest to my heart and gameplay mindset. However, I'm more of a tactical than rush player, which is probably why I historically often have trouble beating Falkow and sometimes Lawtia decks. One of my goals now as a GM is to construct Gowen decks that don't necessarily rely on high level cards like dragons and Allind to get the job done. We'll see how that goes.

Now for Mirth's questions.

1. I guess pizza. - Is being American enough of a reason?
2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - because Hunter S. Thompson is (was) the man, and you'll never have so much fun feeling so dirty when you watch this film.
3. Asuet - Even before I became a GM, I had 3 copies of him, and I find that when ranked up, he's highly effective at controlling the field. This is especially true when he's next to an earth dragon with magic weapon cast on it. I may find a new favorite card now that I have access to all of them, but to date, it's still Asuet.
4. Kurina's art. - A friend of mine chose Gowen as his sphere solely because it had a cat girl. It's hard to argue with such logic, especially coming from an engineer. I'm even thinking of making her the card you win from me (most of the time) once I'm back in Folrart and have my "GM sea legs". Gotta spread that Purina Kurina love.
5. a cat - Seeing a theme? I'm very much a cat person, and I see my own personality traits being mirrored in my two cats. It just seems to make sense.
Thank you for the cake, as it's preferable to death, but I thought the cake was a lie.

Peralisc2's q's

1. red - I swear, the Gowen tie-in is just a coincidence. Well...maybe it's not. But favorite color aside, I did strongly consider going with Falkow or Refess when I first registered.
2. pop star? - That one's not easy as I don't really follow them. What the heck, I'll say Robert Smith of The Cure. And he'd probably rather be called goth (which he dislikes) before being called a pop star. Here's hoping he doesn't force me to consume copious amounts of hairspray if he finds out what I said.
3. Does Lost count? It's either that or Heroes, kind of a toss-up.

Thanks for all the questions. I'm better at answering them then I am at asking them. It feels kind of anti-climactic, but I managed to play all of one duel yesterday as a GM, and that one ended up hanging then dropping me. So I just gave up and left town for the weekend. I've griped about this to some of you before, but I live on a farm and satellite is the best Net connection I can get beyond dialup. The latency can be maddening sometimes. Anyway, I'll be back home Monday and I fully intend to work out all the kinks and just have some fun with all this next week. Here's looking forward to when I get married, move, and get a decent connection, like a cable modem.

Aww, lupos beat me to the punch. I was just getting around to this, honest...
Arakis

Postby Grain » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:48 pm

It seems like I've lost the chance to ask my sandwich question.
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Heh, i also am a big fan or Heroes and Lost!! :D
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:26 pm

Having lived with a Jewish family for the past several years, I've learned to prefer what's known as the Jewish sandwich. This really only means lots of meat. And none of us are kosher, so no need to hold back on the cheese either. There's this one deli in NJ that makes these things called sloppies. They're like the skyscraper of sandwiches. Very nice, though hence the name, rather messy to eat.
Arakis

Postby Xovian » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Hiya Arakis.
Was wondering when they were gonna finally do that for ya.
Not sure if it was something you got "volentold" or not, but i had always wondered why you didnt have that status since you worked for the company.

At any rate, grats on the promotion, hopefully you get the extra pay too. :D
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Grain » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:23 pm

The question is:

If you were a sandwich, what flavor would you be?
Grain

Postby Arakis » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:11 pm

There are other MB employees who play Alteil but aren't GMs. I'm not sure if any of them work directly on the game or not, but apparently a few months ago someone suggested I become a GM and I turned it down at the time. I don't even remember this happening, but becoming one just seems to make more sense now.

Sandwich flavor? Huh... Oh I know! Reuben. No question about it.
Arakis

Postby kitsunekit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm

What other TCGs/CCGs have you/do you play?
kitsunekit

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart