EX Pack Two: Champions of Lavato

Official News and Announcements

Re: EX Pack Two: Champions of Lavato

Postby frozenstar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:12 am

thx logress, so sweet for free gran these weeks, although I didn't get many >_<. May I ask if you have any plan for Arena event of new EX pack card?
frozenstar

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:51 am

Sorry Logress, I'm gonna have to bring out the nastiest pie in my arsenal and plant it on whoever decided on that pricings face. 400 gran is WAY TOO MUCH unless you have a lot of extra cash just floatin around it's just not reasonable to try to even get 1 playset for a sphere. 1200 gran for a playset? That's half a box for 12 cards. Something...just doesn't seem right here.

Yeah, I've complained enough about the prices in the previous EX Pack thread flame war but seriously-the first one must've sold pretty well if the Japanese didn't see a reason to change it's pricing-because they twist us into buying limited edition cards or risk missing out for a very long time. *shakes fist in consumer, teen angst*
;zagar
Romdeau

Postby Zanador » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:41 am

I dont see a time limitation at the shop like it was with the first EX set... So will these cards remain buyable later on too?
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Grain » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:22 am

Zanador wrote:I dont see a time limitation at the shop like it was with the first EX set... So will these cards remain buyable later on too?

They disappear January.
Grain

Postby lupos » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Romdeau wrote:the first one must've sold pretty well

That, my friend, is a good assumption. There are plenty of issues we still have around here, but time, and the users, have told and the EX pricing isn't one of them.

I still personally contend that, if you wanted to buy 2 rare cards and 2 lower rarity but still very useful cards for something like magic or yu-gi-oh at a store, you would end up spending well over 4 dollars to be that choosy.

Now the "set" issue does of course come into play but really, ask our biggest spenders how much they spent to get those last few 5-stars to finish of their sets. A good deal more than 12 bucks I assure you.

As Logress pointed out these cards are good, but they aren't like the angels where most of them were specifically designed to deal with the Lebeau issue until set 2 came out. These are cards you want but don't need. If you're the collecting "gotta catch em all" type, 12 bucks is pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things. And with the gran specials that we have had recently and will continue to try and have in the near future, catching 1 or 2 before they go away is plausible.

<debate>
;)
lupos
Site Admin

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:52 pm

I don't like the price point but I agree, the good news of these cards is that they generally seem like cool/unique strategy enablers, but none seem overly great and essential. Of course if after set 3 (or a later set prior to the ex lottery) is released strategies using these cards are found that are dominating the environment, then I'll be upset, but for now as cool as these cards are (particularly the art which is just all around amazing), I think I can live with missing out on them because of their high price tag.

It'll be interesting to see how sales go with these new cards, I think if the original EX cards had been say 250 instead of 400, I would have gotten playersets of all of them as opposed to 1 of each like I did, which would have resulted in an overal greater profit, but the fact I did buy cards was a testament to just how essential the cards were (and in a few cases still are). This time around I'm not really seeing the essentialness and I think that may drive sales down. Still while I don't agree with the price, I do feel releasing cards that are cool but not essential in this format is the right move cause if these cards had remained 400 gran AND been essential again I believe many players would have been thoroughly upset and quite a few who are already on the fence would have out right quit the game over it.

Oh and for those wondering, yes I was one of the biggest complainers about the first ex pack and yes I did eventually buy some of them in spite of that, but while I was never happy with the price point (cause at that price I couldn't justify buying 3 card playsets), my beef had been with the limited release which after MUCH arguing and discussion was eventually resolved with the confirmation of a permanent ex lottery some day in the future. I didn't buy a single ex pack until after that confirmation was given to me and would have boycotted the pack had it not been given to me.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Some of the SS are really cool! So i am sure a lot will buy 1 pack at least. :P

I am still thinking about the refess pack ... hmmmm.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby ANIMEniac » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:39 am

Yea, just like Dan, I was hoping for a small price drop to about 300. I said before that I would be able to buy sets for a bit less and would be more inclined to buy more EX packs. Right now, I'm just thinking through my head what I could do with these cards before I invest. Budget si a bit low atm, so I'm going to go for utility before collecting. I know I will probably miss most of them like the first EX (and now have cards to work with the ones i didn't buy). Meh, going ot have to live with it and like always, make the best of what I got.
ANIMEniac

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:02 am

I just took a look at the japanese version of the refess EX spell card ...
https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=330
and it increases all sphere levels by 1.

But then, what about your proxies in set 3? I maybe rush things a bit and the card maybe will be errataed, but i was wondering why you changed it and if it is only for now.
Even with current 2 sets people try to make multispheres and wouldn't the original card make people want the pack more?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby teasel » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:52 am

it's a level 3 card that generates 4 SP... isn't that what recovery powder does? beside proxies effect are dependant on ranking sphere (for example the refess one has a fire arrow like effect) having a rank of 1 in everything wouldn't do a thing
teasel

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart