Invitational Replay, Watch it!

Official News and Announcements

Invitational Replay, Watch it!

Postby Logress » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 pm

As often happens with these things, the two day long struggle came down to one single match. the number one and two players of the tournament, worthing and jimmypeter, both who had perfect records of about the same length, fought each other! Both of them knew that this match would determine who won the entire invitational! (uh, I know this because I can read minds?)

Anyway, take a minute to watch this match by two masters! jimmypeter is using Pixies, while worthing is using EN (somewhat ironic since worthing was playing pixies the day before).

https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... Me99StOw91
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Invitational Replay, Watch it!

Postby wakka9ca » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:06 pm

That was quite a match. To see two most meta lv2 rushes pitted against each other, with a close matchup of only 1LP....
wakka9ca

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 am

I don't get it, what's so exciting about it, EN have natural advantage over Pixies due to pixy's limited revival amount of usually 5 Pixies per duel.

Dunno why I bothered to watch it, it just looked like a typical folrart arena match.
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 am

Callonia wrote:I don't get it, what's so exciting about it, EN have natural advantage over Pixies due to pixy's limited revival amount of usually 5 Pixies per duel.

Dunno why I bothered to watch it, it just looked like a typical folrart arena match.

Cause none of them using Fierte probably?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Gota » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:06 am

I was disappointed as well, not as epic as Logress made it out to be. :?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Seizan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:26 am

Logress wrote:both who had perfect records of about the same length

Errr, what? jimmypeter had 7-1 and worthing 5-2 according to replay. I assume you're referring to the other day?

Callonia wrote:Dunno why I bothered to watch it, it just looked like a typical folrart arena match.

Hey, stop complaining. Didn't you hear? I'm Mr. Negative Guy around here. ;) :P
But yeah, the only thing I learned from that game is that you don't run EN the way worthing does (5-2, really?). And it reinforced my belief that EN is OP: if greatest grinders in entire game have access to any and all cards, and yet bunch of low level commons wins, there is something seriously wrong with balance.
Oh, and did you see how he totally didn't use Nue or Augmented Sorceror, because they were "nerfed"? </sarcasm> What it would take for people responsible for errata to admit that it didn't have any significance?
Seizan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 am

There is a lot more depth if you think about what they DON'T do. For example did you notice worthing refused to play succubus early despite obvious pixy sins? How he allowed himself to be field wiped and focused on getting lycans out, and then saved his succubus' for when jp's mage pixy locked out ex riza with mage? He had it all planned out. Think, if he had used succ early he would have fallen apart mid to late game.

A casual look prob won't tell you much, but these guys were making plays thinking 2-4 turns ahead the whole time. It was a great chess match.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby CainHyde » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 am

Can I get worthing commentary during that replay for each turn please? :p
It's not good enough if it came from Gon.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby wakka9ca » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:51 am

Seizan wrote:But yeah, the only thing I learned from that game is that you don't run EN the way worthing does (5-2, really?). And it reinforced my belief that EN is OP: if greatest grinders in entire game have access to any and all cards, and yet bunch of low level commons wins, there is something seriously wrong with balance.
Oh, and did you see how he totally didn't use Nue or Augmented Sorceror, because they were "nerfed"? </sarcasm> What it would take for people responsible for errata to admit that it didn't have any significance?

1) Pixies are also OP. Just because didn't have the same momentum as EN due to advantage of night condition. There is nothing wrong with a win of 5-2. You automatically assumed that the 5-2 rate was using EN, which is not true. However, on the other hand, the fact that player can change files midway in the tourney is a bit unbalanced, since you can camp your opponent as well. On the other hand, this is a sealed tourney, not a constructed tourney.

2) Rarity has nothing to do with winning. All high rarity cards are either combos or super units like Bringer. High level cards usually have difficulty against lv2 rushes due to the way Alteil is designed. You can try running field wipes, but since the cards are rares, less people play it = less tested/proven = more risky to play. For people who don't have 40 hours per week to play Alteil, an original or new variant that can guarantee a tournament win is rare. That's why people played conservative and stayed with well-known files by customizing/optimizing them. Move reading was key in the game, even if you play EN or pixies.

3) If a nerf makes a card no longer used, then there is something wrong with the nerf. The nerf on Nue and augmented HAVE a significance. If you play EN and pixies you would blatantly notice it.
wakka9ca

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:25 am

Nue nerf is nice, it no longer oneshots sunlight knight, sergis, blessed acolyte, ex lapierre, fistara, i could go on and on and on at how nue stole my wins when it was unnerfed.

And the freak have 3 rng.

Also, Yes, they did predict few turns in advance. Regardless, EN gonna win based on the fact that it don't have to sacrifice a soul for revivals, while pixies gotta to.

Either way, its just typical folrart arena match where all other tribals can go jump off a skyscraper if not meta. I'd be more interested, say, if merc kingdom made into top 2 and beat the crap out of worthing.

En and Pixies is boring crap.
Callonia

Next

Return to Castle Folrart