Infinite Boys Lotto Bug

Official News and Announcements

Re: Infinite Boys Lotto Bug

Postby Soma » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Unbelievable!

I check back on the game to see what even minor improvements you have done and what shows up is this crap + the greatly belated tournament game.

How can you so shamelessly say you worked hard ... you just came up with a stupid solution to piss off more players. While at the same time still ignoring the urgent immediate needs to update the game, to improve it's content in order to reach up to the minimum necessary acceptable aspect of the game.

You aren't able to fulfill the basic gaming needs for the enjoyment of the game at the moment and all you care about is to take revenge on something that was your own mistake, your own fault from the start. A much more closer solution to the problem would be to punish yourselves, for cheating players for their time and money.

Instead of caring about your customers you just work hard to come up with ways of insulting people for their godly patience to put up with your slow progress and incapacity to improvement.
It should be me who charges from you every last cent back, spent outrageous high amounts for a game and all you care is to ignore and disregard the customer! It should be me who suspends you through the justice of a lawful court.

You guys are seriously despicable and disgusting! Pay attention to the customer's needs for once, fix the damn game i wasted so damn much money for! Stop being so shameless! I want something in return for what i paid you, for making the prolonging of your existence easier.
I worked hard for my money, i put a lot of effort into getting it, much more than you will ever be able to even pretend you did and most of all you didn't went through even 1000th of the stress i went through to keep going just so i get to my payment so i could finally purchase something that makes all the effort and the stress worthwhile!

Can you even faintly imagine how insulting your attitude and behavior is?

You damn rotten pigs!
You should be grateful you have any players left at all! I'll go back into ignoring and avoiding this site, it's more and more disgusting every time i come back to visit it!

Next time i'll come here, i'll have had long sessions of barfing from just remembering this abomination of a way to run a business.
Soma

Postby CainHyde » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:18 pm

^ One of those who receive mail from Gm about amount of gran that need to be payed as abuse punishment?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Romdeau » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's one of the abusers Cain.
Romdeau

Postby Icyglare » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:31 pm

You'll definitely be missed Soma :lol:
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Spears » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm slightly upset by this.
Firstly i didnt participate in the boys lotto bug, but if i had known about it i think i would have. Had this occured a year or two ago i dont think i would have.
The reason for not abusing a bug such as this should not be fear of repurcussion but a respect for the game and the gms, i feel a large part of this respect is influenced by the proffesionalism of the management and respect from them for their playerbase. Sadly of late i feel this has been wanting.
Whilst the events and Cpc have improved the community presence of the management has dropped massively, for me alteil has lost its personal touch. Things as simple as front page spelling to a lack of visible moderation for ingame behaviour make me liken alteil more to a giant corporate supermarket than the little shop on the corner where they have a chat about the weather, hell if the guys at the corner shop overchange me i might even give it back.

The amount of time that must have gone into this is just the icing on the cake, rather than investing it into improving the game it was spent on something that was only really an issue to those reaping the profits from the store, sure it sucks if somebody gets something for less than you but it doesnt change what you have, it might change the value of what you have but allteil is an economy which doesnt facilitate trading so value is effectively moot.
I recognise that a vocal group wish to see those who benefited most severyly punished but really they gain nothing by this action, we lose out because it was time that could have been spent sorting out issues that really do effect our in game experience.

In short i feel like this could have been handled with more grace and less appeasing the forum lynch mob and the accountants.
Spears

Postby Romdeau » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I think this lack of personal touch Spears is speaking about has to deal a lot with the change in ownership. I've noticed a complete 180 in how Alteil's staff approaches it's playerbase-simply put, we went from the original, outgoing bunch (lupos, GGG, edgarfidgaro, AnnaTheRed, Dwildstar and Logress) to simply Logress. I know Arakis and GGG still help out, but they are strictly in support roles and have no direct communication with the community. Instead, we got some Japanese bureaucrat known as satonoko who's probably just interested in this game as a way to please her higher ups and advance in the larger Corporation.

Alteil is owned by a corporation and this is just one of many franchise. Alteil USA is an international version of that game. When ownership transferred to gamepot, a lot of shifting of power occured and I'm not fully aware of the details. I'm assuming Arakis has his hands tied doing other work and is probably bored of Alteil. GGG is pregnant and out of a job, this is a tough time for her. Not to mention Logress and her have been struggling behind the scenes in their personal lives in addition to the pregnancy...I can only imagine what is happening.

Despite what any of you think, I KNOW Logress cares about Alteil a lot and has it's best interests (from an industry and player perspective) at heart. He spends way more time working on this game then I think is healthy. The decision made here is probably a collaboration between him and Japan. Ultimately, they thought that the players who participated in this exploit were in the wrong. I believe they are correct in thinking that. Bug exploits have always been frowned upon in games, and in extreme cases (such as this one) the abusers were punished for their actions. Personally, I think they went easy on them. They could've straight up banned the lot of them and left it at that. Instead, they are allowing the abusing players to redeem themselves for exploiting the system. I think that's admirable, and those players should be grateful that they are given this opportunity.

Take it or leave it, I've said my piece on this issue. I'm just trying to shed a bit of light because for whatever reason, I think Logress is unable/unwilling to respond further on this matter.
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Thank you, Rom. As our trusty mod said, I'll be keeping comments brief. Just wanted to say that no one 'wanted' to punish players (not me, not JP), the decision was made basically because in the past ignoring the abusers of loopholes has resulted in more bad and unfair situations for the average player, while dealing with at least the worst cases has led to less bad and unfair situations for the average player. We will do everything in our power to make sure the penalty value is actually a fair number. And, the only reason why were dealing with a 'Gran' number and not some other number, like X 5 star cards and Y 4 star cards and Z 3 star cards -- or something else that is not so suspiciously close to 'money,' is because it's a lot simpler logistically, and we can spend more time on things like the errata and other stuff that has to get done.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby kawaiido » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Didn't want to punish? I guess their are no spines in this company. All the more reason I'm regretful for not exploiting the bug, being a sucker and paying out to get cards, hoping for SOMETHING I could use. Playing by the rules of the rigged system that CLEARLY doesn't give two craps about those who play by the rules. Just slap the cheaters on the wrists while those who pay continue to suffer.

You want to make it right? Here's a suggestion. All accounts that were created before the incident will get Gran added to their accounts equal to the average of all the packs/boxes bought from the bug abuse.
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby CainHyde » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 pm

kawaiido wrote:All accounts that were created before the incident will get Gran added to their accounts equal to the average of all the packs/boxes bought from the bug abuse.

"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:35 pm

My god Kawaii if your gonna come back don't bring stupid remarks to the table.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart