FALKOW
Sylph Sorceress
Mermaid Spear Fighter [Human]
Mermaid Soldier [Human]
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: EX: 11 LOST GUARDIANS

Postby gadu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 am

Can someone put of the data on the new cards? The are not in the database as of this post.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Jazzock » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 am

gimme a few mins gadu

EDIT*
Dw now on card list lol
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Wow...what the hell happened to Oeste?! Her open was "You get SP+1 next turn" for 0 SP, instead she became a junk undine/sylph combo?!

I mean...F'ing REALLY? Honestly, why does Logress expect that people will pay money for this game when despite it being a near fact that Lawtia rush rolls over just about anything Falkow, and finally...FINALLY when Falkow gets an open skill that isn't emerald carbuncle, it gets taken away. WHY?

I know mysteryman likes being accountable and such, but he only does technical details. Where is the accountability for gimping cards?

In any case, reviewing from best to worst:

Best: Refess.
Amethyst Eater is extremely solid if not stellar. Is she a substitute or a complement for Ruby Eater? I think a complement, because she's more utility than sheer power. But considering that buncles are rather tough cookies, the idea of one unit being full-healed every single turn in addition to Ruby Eater's DF buff and AoE heal? Sheesh! Also, the agi down will really help in some matchups in which winning that agi 4 roll (EG vs. magic dolls, sometimes WK) will prove critical. In some ways, she's like Emana actually.

EX Brahma: well, Lavende and Folrart Standard Bearer just got powercreeped out of the environment. This guy makes EX Riza look like a complete chump, as well, because at least you could kill EX Riza. This dude? Oh look, not only does he make it morning, he also has the morning lycan close skill! Ladies and gentlemen, start your Falkows!

Next: Gowen.
Gregory: why did he get gimped on 10 HP from the JP version? Probably because the JP version damaged himself with his void slash, so whatevs. I think he's interesting. Team him up with double hitters such as Jack or Mureria and you may definitely have something very nice going, especially combined with the death slash that comes afterwards. Throw in EX Yuni and things can start to get really hilarious. That said, at that point, you're talking about some major setup that's just ripe for disruption. All in all, I feel that if you can get this guy to work, he can be amazing, but if your opponent is at all set on countering him (EG chump the front row, engage him with frog, any number of different things, really), he's going to quickly become dead weight. So not exactly sold on him. He seems slightly feast or famine.

EX fighter pixie: I was about to say JUNK because Gowen's focus units are really, really lacking. You focus Gregory when he has 30 atk? Meh! You focus feline kin knight? Meh. Who exactly are you supposed to focus from Gowen's camp with her? Can't think of too many things. However:, once you go to other spheres, suddenly things start looking interesting. Use Folrart Flame Swordsman because you're playing starmander (or heck, even mid refess) with Fistara, and instead of wasting a turn on a grim, suddenly you have a capable pixie. Even better, use her to chump block for Blade Wyvern.

Next: Falkow.
Oeste: WHY THE HECK WAS HER YOU GET SP+1 NEXT TURN OPEN REMOVED? No, seriously? The biggest reason that WK fell by the wayside is that they have to--have to set up with EXWiz sage now because if they try Catherina, well, t1 shade and you're already in serious trouble between overdose spam, salamander, whatever else. Finally, there's a unit that'd allow Falkow to actually set up well and dodge shades throughout the early stages of the game (EG Oeste Oseon Exwiz (oeste dies), set Oeste again, level 3). Apparently the testing team decided "nah, let's have Lawtia continue to keep Falkow's usage low". And where the heck is her great spirit fetching from the cem ability? She was fine in the JP version that AngelicDeath translated and would finally have Lawtia stop being scissors to Falkow's paper. But we can't have that, can we?

EX Merm soldier: Balmoa is really bad. This chick? Not much better. Plus, there are just better mermaids to play IMO.

Last: Lawtia.
Marchare: ball of flame, dragon breath, elite fencer bait. Level 4 magic bolt. So many other things. Who are you supposed to use her with? Mulna? MD heavy shield? Both of those cards are: "completely trash your opponent if he has no answer, or get completely owned if he does". And for being a 20 HP level 3 unit with no free revive? REALLY?

EX Fenrir: is he supposed to be used in EN, or in wild dogs? Looks like wild dogs with a bonus of the occasional night regenerating, though magic doll lycan seems better for that. Again, this unit is solid, but just doesn't scream game-changing stellar the way an EX is supposed to be.
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:59 pm

I like ex fenrir tho. @_@

There is some confusion tho with his actionskill description. What if i kill 2 units using that actionskill? Will i drain 2 SP at the beginning of next turn?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Wow...what the hell happened to Oeste?! Her open was "You get SP+1 next turn" for 0 SP, instead she became a junk undine/sylph combo?!

I mean...F'ing REALLY? Honestly, why does Logress expect that people will pay money for this game when despite it being a near fact that Lawtia rush rolls over just about anything Falkow, and finally...FINALLY when Falkow gets an open skill that isn't emerald carbuncle, it gets taken away. WHY?

QQ is good
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Let me begin by saying DG is wrong.
Buncle has good open. Okay unit. Buncles just needs more hp to really own with her.
Brahma sucks. Can't time placing her well. Action skill requires morning. Heal is auto. Has no offensive power. Morning Lycans sucked and will continue sucking.
Marchare if was not level 3 would be great. If your opponent bofs, he just wasted a lot of sp early game. If you don't counter him with scarlet lily open, you're an idiot.
Same with fenrir. He would be great with 6 agi and attack buffs but returns ruin him. The whole subtype is weak to returns too. Really if he was given normal stats. 50 hp 3 agi 30 attack. Would not play this card.
I would play oeste just for her open. You can time miandela ss with it. Otherwise an okay add for spirits file and great art.
Ex mermaid has 5 defense. Makes her tanky. Plus she combos with both emana and balmora. All would be good except that there's more design failure requiring sp to do damage that has been consistent with the merm subtype.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Return ruins everything. But we need to discuss cards in terms of balance, not imbalance.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart