Help us defeat BATORA!

Official News and Announcements

Re: Help us defeat BATORA!

Postby Verily » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:41 pm

The one time I played the Batora pretender they gave me a laugh with their text, and then they gave up first turn. No stalling, no time wasting, just gave me a laugh. I have no problem with that. =>

Peralisc, I actually did just that. I skipped my first three turns so he'd set off Milazio and two Will o' the Wisps, had Broken Iron Soldier/XXXX to wipe the field of his first two cards, Belus to stop any of his other units ever played from doing anything, and Scarrion to just spam his Roar ability. Spell Locks and Punishment Holes prevented him from using any of his grimoires to stop Scarrion from getting rid of all of his cards.
Verily

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:29 pm

alvisto wrote:
Otonashi wrote:I think the biggest paradox with this Batora AI is that, it's obviously uses broken cards and is programmed to destroy anything that is a threat with it's Slate of Crime. HOWEVER, if you use low rarity, seemingly weak cards, the AI won't recognize them as a threat to itself and let you do whatever you please. It's kind of funny like that. Although the AI seems to be bright enough to start spamming those Slates when it's low on LP.

Batora chose to slate of crime my Battle Mage of Regus instead of Fencer. O_O

Hmm! I could be not-entirely-correct then, but that's what it almost seems like. I wonder if there's a degree of randomness to the AI's actions too.
Otonashi

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:45 pm

I noticed that if you get it on low LP by turn 10, it will summon the 666 HP guy. At least thats what happened to me all the time when i got him on low LP.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Zetsurin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 am

When you queue up and get matched against a Batora, do you immediatly get paired with him or do you have to sit there and search for a while?
Zetsurin

Postby Zanador » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:31 pm

It seems like batoras are joining duels just like any regular player, so yeah, sometimes you have to wait (if you are lucky enough not to get matched up with another common player).
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Otonashi » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:36 pm

I have to wonder if it avoids players that have beating it before. :X I haven't gotten to see it in awhile.
Otonashi

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Seems like the event has become like a cartoon. (Tom & Jerry or that one with the coyote hunting a bird)

I guess bartora can get tired too. :(
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby ZArDs » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:53 am

Otonashi wrote:
alvisto wrote:
Otonashi wrote:I think the biggest paradox with this Batora AI is that, it's obviously uses broken cards and is programmed to destroy anything that is a threat with it's Slate of Crime. HOWEVER, if you use low rarity, seemingly weak cards, the AI won't recognize them as a threat to itself and let you do whatever you please. It's kind of funny like that. Although the AI seems to be bright enough to start spamming those Slates when it's low on LP.

Batora chose to slate of crime my Battle Mage of Regus instead of Fencer. O_O

Hmm! I could be not-entirely-correct then, but that's what it almost seems like. I wonder if there's a degree of randomness to the AI's actions too.

I dont prepare my deck for Batora.... when I had a fight with it, I think I will absolutely lose.

I just try fighting with it.... he used slate on my for folrart knight captain that is used mirror of light.... hp 80 atk 80 agi 5 that hv ability to set df=0. It's very clever AI for me T-T but at last I can win with totally luck....

Can I ask some questions? Anyone know when the batora winner will be updated? Is it manual, not automatic? It take more than half n hour now since I defeated batora at 11.11am but I couldnt found my name n the increase of win in that page. I just worry abt this because I think it should automatically update.
ZArDs

Postby Otonashi » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm

I'm pretty sure it's manual update, don't worry. Which means, we'll probably have something like 49 wins by the time the alteil staff goes to bed, so we'll be left in suspense of whether or not that one more person managed to beat it before midnight because the page won't be updated until the next morning. :P
Otonashi

Postby ZArDs » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Otonashi wrote:I'm pretty sure it's manual update, don't worry. Which means, we'll probably have something like 49 wins by the time the alteil staff goes to bed, so we'll be left in suspense of whether or not that one more person managed to beat it before midnight because the page won't be updated until the next morning. :P

Thanks for ans ^^ It's updated now :D
ZArDs

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart