Web Server Upgrade

Official News and Announcements

Web Server Upgrade

Postby Logress » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Some of you may have noticed the web server gets laggy around midday. The issue is that while our game server is hosted in a super awesome facility, or web server is not. We will be moving said web server to said super awesome facility early tomorrow morning. Web site may be down for an hour or so while we unplug the thing, carry it to a cab, and take it across town... er, or some much more glamorous, technical site migration left up to your imagination... all I can say is it involves a gas generator and Bill Gates in a wetsuit. Anyway, tomorrow afternoon the lag issues should be nothing but a bad memory. The Game Server will be unaffected.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Web Server Upgrade

Postby Eeyore » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 pm

I was wondering what was going on. When this kind of stuff happens I always start frantically wondering what's wrong with my computer.

Thanks for going to so much effort to fix the issue and also to inform of us this. Its reassuring knowing that us players are so well taken care of.
Eeyore

Postby Logress » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:47 pm

In general, if you are ever worried about web issues getting in your way, you can just click on the "Launch" button, and when the login screen shows up, bookmark that. This way you can always skip over the web server by going directly to your bookmark.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Eeyore » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 pm

Thanks Logress I will use that trick.
Eeyore

Return to Castle Folrart