Happy New Year

Official News and Announcements

Happy New Year

Postby Logress » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:30 am

As the only GM capable of typing at 1 AM on New Years morning, it's my duty to do the New Year's post. This isn't where I say how this was the best year in Alteil history (err, the ONLY full year...so I guess it has to be?) or how mind blowingly awesome next year will be (with Alteil cards beamed directly into your brain), no, this is just where I thank everyone whose been a part of Alteil this year.

Thanks to Arakis, AnnatheRed, DWildstar, CSquared, EdgarFigaro, Lupos and GGG for a lot of late nights (and early mornings for all that stuff that has to be done around maintenance time, Lupos) teamwork and quick thinking that have kept us alive so far. Thanks to our tireless Japanese staff who, after 40 (or 60 or maybe 80) hours a week taking care of their own Alteil, still manage to find time for us. Thanks to our Alphas (I know some of you are still here) and Betas (who made Set 6 happen) for putting up with our terrible test server and its technical shenanigans. Thanks to all those Iczers who came to see us at cons so we could actually see the faces of our users for once (and thanks to digital cameras and the web, so could everyone else). Thanks to Miyamoto-sensei and Asanuma-sensei for creating Alteil. Thanks to MB for letting us bring it to the US. Thanks to all those vets who we know by (user)name and all the new players I hope to be thanking again next year. Thanks to those who have supported us, either financially or with some words of encouragement. Thanks to all those on the forums who tell us what we need to hear, even if we don't want to hear it. Thanks to those who just play, because that's all it's about. This has been a great year, and all of you made it that way.

This year brought many things, several of our users having babies, several of our users coming to NY to hang out with us. Some of our users had good times, some had bad. As staffers, we've made a lot of friends through Alteil. Strangely, or maybe not so strangely, even the ones who don't play anymore have stayed our in touch and stayed our friends. Also strangely, this post started out being about Alteil and users, and turned into a post about friends.

So, friends, happy New Year.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Happy New Year

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:33 am

several of our users coming to NY to hang out with us.

Eep. I still need to do that. New resolution, go and visit.

I have no excuse being only 40 minutes away x.x

Happy New Year by the way, here's to another fun year of Alteil (its actually almost my one-year as well, about another month and i'll be a one year vet :D)
luckysvn777

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks Logress, happy new years Alteil community.
Romdeau

Postby harvest4god » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:56 am

Happy New Year GM staff. If I didn't live in Florida I would visit. :D God bless. Unless you're playing me in Folrart. :D
harvest4god

Postby kyokaze » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:58 am

Amen! Happy New Years to the staff and all! Here's to another glorious year of Alteil, through the good and bad it has prevailed and will only continue to an improve as the new year arrives and progresses. Cheers!

PS. You guys need to go to AX again so I can see y'all again xD And maybe I can actually try to cosplay lke I was supposed to ...
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Gota » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:10 am

Happy new years guys!

I just got off work x.x Gotta make that money to put into Alteil ;)

Stay safe everyone!

Hope to see Alteil improve and grow even more ;th2

Thanks for all the hard work GMs! As much as I whine on here, you guys have done a great job considering you guys really don't have much manpower, yet have done so much for us, really great job, keep up the good work! ;a33
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby neviscus » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:39 am

happy new years, I live in oklahoma, but if I ever get the chance I think visiting would be cool. Anyway, I have to say the community at alteil is better than some other online communities. I know we don't say it enough, but good job on making this game as good as it is.

Heres to hoping it will only go up!
neviscus

Postby mijorre » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:49 am

Here's to Sean tearing up at the keyboard :)

Much love for the mod-squad, you lot are awesome... but then again, so is the rest of the office team :)
Give them my regards and be wary around easter, I will try to send another batch of share-licious chocolate to all of you.
mijorre

Postby DWildstar » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:24 am

Happy New Year everyone! For the record I was capable of posting at 1 AM, but anything I said would've been heavily wine influenced :lol:
DWildstar

Postby Artist » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Aww happy new years to all of you too. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Alteil has the best GM support/involvement of all the games on the internets. This is truly an extraordinary group of people all enjoying a sophisticated game that takes time and tactics. Finding a group like this elsewhere would be nearly impossible and to have such great GM among us is just a godsend on itself.

Thank you so much Alteil staff for bringing us a great year of harvest... *cough* gaming*, and I am truly grateful for everything.
Artist

Next

Return to Castle Folrart