Happy New Year

Official News and Announcements

Re: Happy New Year

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Well done, Logress. I like that post.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Xovian » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Happy New Years, and lets do it the same time next year! ;th2
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Logress » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:50 pm

As many of you know, Alteil is originally a Japanese game (so that's why it's so frustrating...) and there is a well known Japanese tradition of giving out money for New Years. Not gifts, not gift certificates, but always cold, hard cash. So, in honor of 2010, everyone on the server is now 110 Gran richer!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Logress » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Just to make sure I never do anything 100% right, I just realized I left Arakis out of my post... Arakis is our most active GM, the only GM with multiple contests and one of our top translators. I suck. It was late, and I planned to make him one of the first three names, (along with other non-fulltime Alteil-ers, Dwildstar and CSquared) but maybe because I'm used to grouping Dwild and Anna, or because at 1 AM names that begin with the letter 'A' are interchangeable to my brain, I ended up putting Annathered in there instead, and leaving out Arakis entirely. Sorry about that...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Arakis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:33 pm

No worries, and I appreciate the follow-up. But I'm the most active GM? Hmm, maybe in terms of playing GM battles at least. Though I'm sure DWild could contest that easily, and I'm told that Edgar still plays a lot (in the mornings, when I nearly never do). As for contributions to the game, the core team members put in way more hours than I do overall. I'm largely just a support unit, if you'll pardon the card metaphor, but I guess it does require a multi-tiered team effort to pull a game this size this off and keep it running.

I just hope that those who enter my contests enjoy them as much as I enjoy running them. They really do yield some fascinating ideas, and I love how creative our player base is.
Arakis

Postby icewolf33 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Happy New Year! If you threw a party in New York I would come. ;th2
I really want to recommend this game to friends. I would feel much better about doing that if things were less expensive, like tens of dollars to get most of a set, instead of hundreds!
icewolf33

Postby DDrgn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Sweet, bonus Gran! Thanks Logress!

Happy New Year indeed! Can't wait to see what the GM's have planned for 2010!
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Eladin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Happy New Year to everyone!

Thanks for a good year (or at least a majority of one since I've joined. :P) to the GMS, and I hope the new one brings new and exciting stuff in Alteil.

oh, and thanks for the money Logress! :)
yeah, them japanese sure love givin away the money...i was all like "wtf!? i don't want your money!" good times. :P
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Emainma » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:31 pm

I hope we have more promotions like this in 2010 too. :D
Emainma

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart