STATE OF ALTEIL, JAN 2010

Official News and Announcements

Re: STATE OF ALTEIL, JAN 2010

Postby Politikas » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:16 pm

I wonder about other thing. Why don't you hire new programer?
Politikas

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Probably hard to find serious programmer or a good programmer like edgar. That's the only way to explain this.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Multi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Or they can't find a programmer who will work for what they're paying.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Politikas » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:14 am

Or they aren't even looking.
Politikas

Postby Gota » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm

So how are things going with gold packs?

I am seriously tired of buying regular packs and getting nothing but 2star and 1star cards. What is the deal with their rates?
You'd think the rates are at least close to the boxes, but noooo, after 16 regular packs of set7, coming out with just 1x 4star and 2x 3star, rest are 2stars and below?? I would think that there should be at least a 50% chance of hitting a 3star in packs, but as it is now, its more like 20%.... which is ridiculous, considering there is ALOT of 3 stars in a set, and even if you hit a 3star, you are not guaranteed to hit the one that you want. Plus, again, alteil needs 3x copies of cards.... So wtf is with this 20% 3star bullcrap? (Yes the percentages are made up, but I'm sure many would agree that it is around there or even lower... we've seen WAY too many 2star packs and guess what? When it is 2 star packs, it means our money just went down the drain with recycles.)

It would definitely help medium spenders if gold packs, or the regular packs rates were higher. Because some 3 stars are very sought after, especially set7s. Also, it would not make packs seems completely a waste of gran as it is now.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Multi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Gota, just give up. We'll see them in a couple of years maybe. When I think about it, Alteil's pretty much only run by 2 guys.

Also, if packs gave 1 3*, 2 2* 2 1*, that'd recycle out to 60gran, which is still less than half of a pack, so it'd have a recycle rate lower than that of lotto. Sound reasonable? Sure does.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Multi wrote:Gota, just give up. We'll see them in a couple of years maybe. When I think about it, Alteil's pretty much only run by 2 guys.

Also, if packs gave 1 3*, 2 2* 2 1*, that'd recycle out to 60gran, which is still less than half of a pack, so it'd have a recycle rate lower than that of lotto. Sound reasonable? Sure does.

2x 3-5*, 1x 2-5* 2x 1-3* IMO would be fair. This way, the usual pack would recycle at 80 gran. Slightly better than lotto, but if someone drops 150 gran at a time...
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Demongod wrote:
Multi wrote:Gota, just give up. We'll see them in a couple of years maybe. When I think about it, Alteil's pretty much only run by 2 guys.

2x 3-5*, 1x 2-5* 2x 1-3* IMO would be fair. This way, the usual pack would recycle at 80 gran. Slightly better than lotto, but if someone drops 150 gran at a time...

2X 3-5* wtf?!?!; 1X 2-5* seems okay...; 2X 1-3* wtf?!?! Yeah unreasonable thing not gonna happen, what Multi suggested is far more reasonable.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Gota » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't even know what to say anymore.

I seriously DO NOT understand HOW things are handled with this game.

I understand there some stuff you have to get approval from the Japanese staff. But are there any thing you can do at all to change the rates of ANYTHING around here? pt cards, pack rates, boxes, they are ALL a mess.

It seems atm nothing is worth buying/using other than gold boxes, and THAT isn't even a GOOD purchase, its just 'better' in terms of comparison to the other horrible purchasing options.

You guys mentioned the Japanese staff love data right?
So go run tests on test servers of purchases, and see the distribution of cards coming out of packs, boxes, gold boxes, different tests for different purchases. Open like 100 packs, 100 boxes. Run those tests 10 times each, or what have you. Open boxes till you get 3x every card in the set, see how much money it costed you, that is how much it will cost A SINGLE PLAYER.

I know you think its silly, since you guys know the exact percentages of the pack and box rates and it will be a waste of time, but you need to experience the reality of the punishing 4th+ copies bull crap and how much gran are completely wasted. Yes I do realize thats how you guys make money, but have you ever think about BECAUSE of this, that you guys are forgoing ALOT more profits from other potential customers that are scared off because of all this 4th+ copy bullcrap?

EDIT: I am not saying get rid of it completely, because I know that is an impossibility, but raise the rates of regular box and packs, so the amount of money you guys drain from each player with 4th+ copies a bit less cut throat. In the long run, you will still drain that gran from the player anyways.

It is cut throat not because of a single randomness of the purchasing system, but because of TWO randomness of the purchasing system. Example of a pack: You have to hit a 3 star, and then you have to hit the RIGHT 3 star for multiple copies. You seriously DO NOT need to use both randomness system to make us suffer, let up on one of them and raise the rates or even make it guarantee 3 star in a pack, then let the random 4th+ copies/wrong 3 star's part of the system **** us over. You'll arguably make a tiny little less money off that per person, but think of all the new spenders you'll be getting, which will haul in long term players, instead of lv10-15 quitters.

FOR EXAMPLE:
New guy on the block, played crest, loved the game, got to lv15, hit folrart, get trashed. Think about spending some money, How much do you think people are able to spend at this point, and still in the early stages of the game? Most people make their decision on the rewards of the purchases. So most will charge maybe 10$, 20$, or 30$ at first. But because of Alteil's game needing most cards to be 3x copies, they will feel their money is complete wasted right there and then quit buying cards, because they know exactly that they need to spend several hundred dollars to open up such options. Most people are smart enough to figure this out even without charging ANY gran at all.

Beginner packs are the only thing going for new players and I beg you look at your beginner pack purchase data to see HOW MANY of these POTENTIAL spenders you are forgoing with the ridiculous card rates on packs and regular boxes. Most people CANNOT just come up with hundreds of extra cash to pour into alteil all in one go for gold boxes, most players are going with packs and lottos because they simply DO NOT have the financial ability to go with gold boxes, and to top it off, gold boxes are limited time sales. After they are gone, you have fun with regular boxes and packs which are both horrendous. So help out these low spenders and raise the rates of regular packs, they are already being eaten alive at the mercy of the lotto, and the next step is to let them have the option of going for a specific set of cards, which are packs. And as multi pointed out above, even if the 3 stars are guaranteed, getting the wrong one means recycling and still does not return half the packs value.......

So go run simulations and tests and open up 100 packs, 100 regular boxes, or however many boxes till you fill out 3x all cards in a set. Then maybe it will shed some light on what us players are experiencing. Add up the cost for that many boxes afterwards and you tell me if that is a reasonable cost for ONE complete set of cards. If you guys could change the rates and decrease that cost, then you would be VERY safe to assume that more people will spend on alteil, as well as the population of alteil grow. Which would then fix up the rest of Alteil's problems, i.e. RP arena, etc.
Last edited by Gota on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Lateralus923 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:26 pm

I don't care what the new rates are! FIX THE STATUS QUO!

If gold boxes stayed in the shop longer, I'd get those, but at a flat 20 bucks a month, they're not an option.

We need SOMETHING.

Looks like everyone is just a little agitated lately - maybe that is a tip off that something should be FIXED?
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart