STATE OF ALTEIL, JAN 2010

Official News and Announcements

Re: STATE OF ALTEIL, JAN 2010

Postby Demongod » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 pm

I would utterly hate for there to be more EX cards. At 400 gran a pack and 1200 a playset, it's already highly difficult to get even one playset.

That's the thing about EX packs, golden boxes, and so on: it gives more options to payers but none to free players, and those options are usually more powerful as well.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby icewolf33 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Really? I thought your EX packs were treating you pretty well.

I think EX packs are actually the most affordable way to get playsets of 2* cards right now. Still pricey of course, but think about how long it would take to get a set of Folrart Charge Knights (let alone Yuni or Lapierre, who would probably be 3*+) in regular packs.

One EX pack per set does have the nice property that you can reliably collect enough MM + weekly bonus gran to keep up with them, as long as you aren't buying anything else.

Slowing down the release of cards in general seems like a really good idea. It would be pretty embarrassing/demoralizing if power creep got so bad that there had to be a reboot. Hopefully US Alteil can learn from the mistakes of JP Alteil! Maybe a reboot is like a free player's wet dream though, suddenly everyone has starters again. :lol:

@Arakis: Sealed deck tournament sounds pretty fun! I am surprised that something like that would work with Alteil's revive mechanic, though.
I really want to recommend this game to friends. I would feel much better about doing that if things were less expensive, like tens of dollars to get most of a set, instead of hundreds!
icewolf33

Postby Cytrik » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:11 pm

icewolf33 wrote: Maybe a reboot is like a free player's wet dream though, suddenly everyone has starters again. :lol:

If that happened, I would froth at the mouth, grab my screen, and shake it like a madman would a baby with horrible intentions. I might curse here and there as well.

*Crosses fingers.* Here's to hope.
Paper is sorta OP... Scissors are getting sharper. ~Rock
"Based off of Alteil Errata 5/27/11."
Cytrik

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Sealed tourny had a very strong luck factor in the Seal (like most other games). Those with 3 of a copy tried to use them in the decks. Others not so lucky had to compensate by adding more LP.

Oh yea, sets were much smaller too, and only a few "bomb" rares made the SS line up really great for some people.
ANIMEniac

Postby Ahina » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Aww, was hoping for some sorta word on point cards.

I don't think I'll go over the rest of the post though, but not bad. :D Will have to see though.
Ahina

Postby Trafalgura » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 am

pfftt......... i jus want moar story...... cant a man get moar story round here? and up the chances of rarities up a bit( i know it wont work but i am trying).
Trafalgura

Postby Eladin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:12 am

Ahina wrote:Aww, was hoping for some sorta word on point cards.

I don't think I'll go over the rest of the post though, but not bad. :D Will have to see though.

technically there was SOME word on point cards, mainly tying them in with achievements as a good way for even free players to get them easier. so...uh, there there?

definitely like the idea of gold packs, and slowing down the releases of card sets. achievement systems sounds great, as i've found i'm addicted to systems that use them (with my new baby 360 i got for christmas :D) so that's all kinds of cool. the tourneys could be nifty. i haven't played in any yet (or ever i guess) so meh.

conjunction with mediablasters? my guess is you're working on an anime...like, shorts or something. but, that's just a guess. if it's right or even close, i'd be pretty excited! :)

so far everything sounds really good, and it's awesome you shared the info with us all. thank you!
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Callonia » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:03 am

icewolf33 wrote: Maybe a reboot is like a free player's wet dream though, suddenly everyone has starters again. :lol:

Callonia: Hey Sergis?

Sergis: Yeah?

Callonia: Lemme borrow your blades aight?

Sergis: Sure, what for?

Callonia: You'll see.

*Callonia stabs icewolf33 22 times with Blade of the Holy Realm, setting icewolf33's HP=0. icewolf33 expires.*

Callonia: A crisis averted.

Sergis: I see.... well whatever.
Callonia

Postby neviscus » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:38 am

Before everyone starts shaking there screens... or stabbing multiple times with the Blade of the Holy Realm :lol: Maybe one might take a look at the rest of that statement, you know this part?

icewolf33 wrote:Hopefully US Alteil can learn from the mistakes of JP Alteil!

Hoping this will clear up some discontent we seem to have going on
neviscus

Postby Ahina » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Eladin wrote:
Ahina wrote:Aww, was hoping for some sorta word on point cards.

technically there was SOME word on point cards, mainly tying them in with achievements as a good way for even free players to get them easier. so...uh, there there?

I'll bite your hand off. =/

I was just hoping that there'd be a mention of whether they thought the point card rates were good, or that they were thinking of working on them. The post implies that they're sticking to the same idea as the 5of7 events, but that's leaving us guessing still. It's not about me demanding a point card system change, but my wondering since the 5of7 events have been building up point cards, without knowing whether it'll ever be worth it to use the cards to try to complete playsets of 1-3* cards, or to use them for 4-5* soul skills.
Ahina

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart