The End of an Era: EX 5 Ends on Jan 31st

Official News and Announcements

The End of an Era: EX 5 Ends on Jan 31st

Postby Logress » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Sad but true, our most popular EX pack ever is only in the shop for another week. It's my personal recommendation to get it. It's not often the stars align to have such a nice match up of EX cards and Starters.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: The End of an Era: EX 5 Ends on Jan 31st

Postby Eldena » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm

It would be awesome if you could prolong it. Many players who join after this EX is over will be at a huge disadvantage over the ones who join before 31st (especially the reffess ones). I managed to get them all, so i dont really need them, just saying :D
Last edited by Eldena on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 pm

I am sure we get other broken cards like lapiere soon enough. So don't worry about it. :P
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Eldena wrote:It would be awesome if you could prolong it. Many players who join after this EX is over will be at a huge disadvantage over the ones who join before 31st (especially the reffess ones). I managed to get them all, so i dont really need them, just saying :D

Gonna QFT this one. IMO there needs to be a way to obtain desired EX packs, and not just pray in an EX Lotto.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Metallix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

You gotta wonder why they don't keep EX packs always available but just double there prices after the introductory month that they usually have them available.
Metallix

Postby Harterial » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Because they're EX. Limited time availability has always been a more or less successful marketing strategy. Why would they make EX packs when they could focus on adding additional cards to new sets?

That said, EX packs have a huge impact on the game because of their power. (Primclone being the prime example)
Harterial

Postby Zanador » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 pm

EX cards with their time limit are also great tools to stir up the meta. Whenever new cards are released the meta changes a bit. From the release of Set 5 till the release of Ex 5, mid lawtia was the most popular, and in just a week half of those decks dissapeared giving place to other files with the new cards. Like this Ex packs can be used to bring change to a really static meta (or turn something balanced into static :/ ) without the need of releasing a whole new set of cards.

That being said, if this Ex pack would last 2 days longer, i could buy my 3rd Yuni without selling cards. :roll:
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Demongod » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Problem being with EX packs is that players who join after their release get screwed hard. IMO players who joined after previous EXs were phased out should have a way to access them. I know I'd certainly like to get a few EX Prims and Chiruru and Cudgel myself.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Metallix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 pm

As I said they should always be available just at double the gran after the first month.
Metallix

Postby garcia1000 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 pm

That makes sense, but it isn't the philosophy of US Alteil! There are plenty of clues as to what their deal is (for example the proposed 5-15 minute window for the Facebook freebies)
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Next

Return to Castle Folrart