I choo choo choose you

Official News and Announcements

I choo choo choose you

Postby lupos » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/750-i-choo-choo-choose-you
So it's that time of year again. When young mens fancy turns to thoughts of ogres and serpents and unrealistically clothed female warriors. That's right Valentines day! In celebration of this most sacred of Hallmark holidays we here at Alteil thought it would be fun to imagine what the valentines that the people/creatures of Lavato give each other look like. As such we are having a contest! You, our faithful and talented Iczers shall make Alteil Valentines. They could be Iczer to iczer, Iczer to normal human, Iczer to Lavato Citzen, etc. Whatever you want. Details after the break:

Ok so, ground rules:
    1. No using actual card art. We can't do it, we can't support you doing it. So don't. Besides, as our April fools day antics last year proved, peoples interpretations of cards are much more entertaining.
    2. No bigger than the attached samples below. Download them, use them. If you want a card like Ralph's from above then you can add a bit of excess onto them but keep it reasonable. I'd like to see file sizes under 1MB and .JPG format. .PNGs and .GIFs are also OK if you are doing a cut-out/transparent thing.
    3. PUT YOUR ICZER NAME IN THE EMAIL!!!!! In the past we have gone to great lengths to find out who sent us what. This time, no dice. If you don't tell us who you are, tough!
Now on to the prizes! There will be 3 winners of our (your faithful GM's) choosing. Prizes will be award for first, second, and third place and are as follows:

1. 2x Rougeerst + 20 extra Point Cards
    2. 2x Rougeerst + 10 extra Point Cards
    3. 2x Rougeerst + 5 extra Point Cards
The reason it says "extra point cards" is because all submissions will receive 5 point cards for their hard work.

All submissions should be sent to me, lupos, at lupos@alteil.com with the subject "Be Mine".

Deadline is the end of the day, February 12th.
lupos
Site Admin

Re: I choo choo choose you

Postby Artist » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Wait hold on, are we actually drawing cards or something? I'm not quite understanding what exactly a "valentine" is, cus I grew up in China and missed the whole happy dappy life of USA childhood etc blah.
Artist

Postby DWildstar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Artist wrote:Wait hold on, are we actually drawing cards or something? I'm not quite understanding what exactly a "valentine" is, cus I grew up in China and missed the whole happy dappy life of USA childhood etc blah.

Yes! Submit your Valentines drawings whether you scanned in something you drew or you drew it in Photoshop or MS paint. Go nuts and have fun :D
DWildstar

Postby Eladin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 pm

Artist wrote:Wait hold on, are we actually drawing cards or something? I'm not quite understanding what exactly a "valentine" is, cus I grew up in China and missed the whole happy dappy life of USA childhood etc blah.

a "valentine" is somebody you usually like who you make or buy a valentine's day card for. as a start. if you're in a relationship, you're typically obligated to blow money on other worthless stuff. :)
but lets focus on the card! :P

in the good ol days of harmlessly silly grade school valentines day, it was just handing mass amounts of cards with silly and predictable sayings to all the people you cared about...(or even didn't, just to be fair and propagate a general feeling/cycle of well mannerisms and good will towards all men/women) with stuff like the provided Simpsons example, or like, a bumble bee, saying will you beeeeee mine...and things like that.
google will probably give you pretty decent samples as well.

i can't make up my mind between two ideas that jumped at me...
dang it!

*to clarify though, it said it can be anything...but the three examples of interactions were all iczer based, so can it be two alteil characters to one another..or several?
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Soiyeruda » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:31 am

I have an idea, but like Eladin stated, the giver-> receiver examples throw me off a bit. I'm guessing though that a personalized Alteil valentine card intended for real world use is probably acceptable though, so I'll stick with that.
Soiyeruda

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:34 am

Eladin wrote:a "valentine" is somebody you usually like who you make or buy a valentine's day card for. as a start. if you're in a relationship, you're typically obligated to blow money on other worthless stuff. :)
but lets focus on the card! :P

And it's most likely people's way to say thanks to those that died at the hands of the church hundreds of years ago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine' ... _Valentine

Well this challange. :?
Need to think of something ... Q_Q
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby kyokaze » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:57 am

Probably not gonna enter this but asking for the hell of it. One submission per person or can someone submit multiple?
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby lupos » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 am

You can submit multiple but the 5 point cards is per Iczer. Now if you have multiple accounts that you want to earn it for i will PROBABLY accept multiples but if it seems to obvious that you just spent 30 seconds on some BS just for the cards I may not. They don't all have to be "good" but a little effort would be nice.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby lupos » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:34 am

The interactions can be anything. Card to card, card to Karite for all I care. Long as it's alteil related and ideal funny or contains a horrible pun. I'm mostly hoping for horrible puns, hence the Simpsons art for reference.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 am

When is the deadline?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Next

Return to Castle Folrart