Errata Friday the 12th

Official News and Announcements

Errata Friday the 12th

Postby Logress » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Tomorrow, Friday the 12th, we will be rolling out a set of Card Errata. A list of affected cards follows:

Folrart Standard Bearer

Volcano Wyvern

Killing Machine / Lebeau

Fountain Knight / Elneith

Mad Beast / Dandan

Unknown Knight / Anno

Mermaid Shield Soldier

Doll Master / Sumer

Dragonrider / Resource

EX: The Magician / Primrose

Bog Wyvern

Diondora

Sea Serpent

Elite Fencer of Regus

Heierrat Spy

FAQ

1) Why wasn't card <insert name here> buffed? No one uses it.

Card usage was checked in the back end and figured into all decisions. Some cards get most of their play in Crest, or are useful only for building low-rarity versions of meta decks, or may be bad in the current meta but may have their uses in the past or future.

2) Why wasn't card <insert name here> nerfed? No one can beat it.

There were a few strong cards we considered nerfing, but decided against it because of low card use. Basically, we didn't want to nerf anything unless we were sure it was a problem. Also, we are less likely to nerf low rarity Soul Skills because they serve as playing field levelers, and removing them can be dangerous.

3) I see some older cards on the list. Does this mean they're going to be awesome? And why weren't other older cards buffed also?

The only cards we buffed were those whose key point no longer exists, and never will again. For example, a unit whose strong point is killing slow cards is useless when there aren't a lot of slow cards in the meta, but it might come up in the future. LeBeau, however, his only strong point was that there was only 1 other AGI 5 card in the game. That's never going to happen again. Elneith was the only level 3 Refess with 35 AT, and Dandan was the only 0SP cost multi-attacker. None of these situations will ever come up again, so they've all received small buffs to make them a bit more fair.

4) So, Heierrat Spy and Volcano Wyvern... what are they going to do now?

None of the cards' "roles" have been changed. So basically, buffed cards will still do the same thing, but they'll be a little better at it. If you liked the concept of a card but couldn't get it to work, it's your lucky day. If you didn't and are hoping a card you've been holding onto will turn into something else you do like, no dice. Sumer is one exception because her concept just didn't work at all.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Errata Friday the 12th

Postby Logress » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Above, you see that EX: Primrose is on the list. A friend of mine had a few things to say about this, and asked if I'd print his letter:
-Logress

"Hey, I'm Pullermia. You might know me from Card Files like Primclone, and uh... the other Primclone variant with Mirelia in it. Anyway, I just want to remind you that Gowen and Falkow have lots of great cards that combo, other than just EX: Primrose and Cyclone. You know what, I don't even _like_ Primrose, she is actually a total ****. This one time in college, she stole my girlfriend for no reason. She's not even gay, she just wanted to prove she could or something. Okay, maybe I should have known better, going out with a girl level 3 or lower, it's probably not going to last. Except Oseon, I'd totally take a chance with her. I mean we have so much in common! Like Returns..."
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Spears » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

i think i just had a happy wee.
Spears

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

WOOT WOOT WOOT!! We don't wait until next week? :D

List is still lacking imo, but you did take more cards into consideration than i expected!
None of these situations will ever come up again, so they've all received small buffs to make them a bit more fair.

You were a bit extreme on the waiting, but hey you did decide to change those, so thumbs up!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby piratipper » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

:D I like this! I especially like the few unexpected suprises!

Can't wait to fight against some of the high RP players who will actually have to use some skill and creativity all of a sudden now the reign of DEFS and Primclone is over!!

Thanks Alteil!
piratipper

Postby Artist » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Logress wrote:"Hey, I'm Pullermia. You might know me from Card Files like Primclone, and uh... the other Primclone variant with Mirelia in it. Anyway, I just want to remind you that Gowen and Falkow have lots of great cards that combo, other than just EX: Primrose and Cyclone. You know what, I don't even _like_ Primrose, she is actually a total ****. This one time in college, she stole my girlfriend for no reason. She's not even gay, she just wanted to prove she could or something. Okay, maybe I should have known better, going out with a girl level 3 or lower, it's probably not going to last. Except Oseon, I'd totally take a chance with her. I mean we have so much in common! Like Returns..."

I rofld off my chair

I still think 30/30 SS should be looked at again.
Artist

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

piratipper wrote:Can't wait to fight against some of the high RP players who will actually have to use some skill and creativity all of a sudden now the reign of DEFS and Primclone is over!!

There's always meta! Expect some other ugly combos to show their dirty face in folrart. Now that those 2 decks are weakened, the crawl out of the mud and yell unrecognizable words. :roll:

I still think 30/30 SS should be looked at again.

Yes. Even if it is a low rarity. 20 DF dosn't hurt! :(
Last edited by Peralisc2 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

;th2 ;th2

Awesome!!

Curious to see what the exact changes are going to be!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Go for Addition Pullermia! She likes the fiery type i've heard ^^ I get the feeling the two of you would have good synergy together.

My only regret with the errata is the lack of Gunner Girl Yuni. Was she really used enough? Ah well, no matter.

Otherwise, that looks like a great errata list, seems to buff a lot of cards really needing buffs (which makes me very happy), and while there is a mass hit on DEFS.. I get the feeling you guys are going for the "series of small nerfs on a bunch of units" approach, which actually probably is the right one.. since all those cards can be useful elsewhere on their own.

And EX Prim is on there. Can't wait to see what that will be.

All-around very exciting. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
luckysvn777

Postby Artist » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:My only regret with the errata is the lack of Gunner Girl Yuni. Was she really used enough? Ah well, no matter.

Ouch, good point.
Artist

Next

Return to Castle Folrart