Errata Friday the 12th

Official News and Announcements

Re: Errata Friday the 12th

Postby MTCosta » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Keep in mind that just because DEFS and Prim are getting nerfed doesn't mean they will stop existing. It would be great if they did, because as garcia said earlier, they are lame to play against. However, the top decks for this set may very well be DEFS and Primclone, just less OP versions of them.

Personally I think Command Units will be on the rise with DEFS and Prim being weaker, but we'll see.
MTCosta

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Dolls will likely be top meta, I agree with that. However, they aren't on the super crazy top level that past sets top files have been (such as EM, EN, etc)... so either there will be room for a lot more top files, or something will surpass it.

Although maybe Sumer will do something evil and change all that.
luckysvn777

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 pm

I would be fine if top meta was command dolls! Command dolls are fun to play against, even if I lose most of the time. Same for mid lawtia.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Up till now if your bet was "gowen rush / low level gowen will be top meta" then you weren't able to be wrong about it. It's still a known safe bet. Either way some mix of gowen units level 2 to 4 will dominate.

And then 2nd or 3rd place will be taken by EX lapiere + friends files. The rest is just random guessing.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:45 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Up till now if your bet was "gowen rush / low level gowen will be top meta" then you weren't able to be wrong about it. It's still a known safe bet. Either way some mix of gowen units level 2 to 4 will dominate.

I actually agree with this ^^ Gowen is killer in this set.

And I certainly hope they don't nerf DEFS into oblivion, because I think that was Falkow control at its best. I had a lot of fun playing against DEFS this set (crazy, I know XD) mainly because every DEFS battle seemed to be a matter of wit and control, and this control exchanged between players many times within a DEFS battle (unlike Primclone, where control is all held by the Primcloner :/). This is the essence of playing against Falkow, and this is what I really want to see more of. I just hope I can play against a better mix of power + control this time. ;th2
crimsonshade

Postby Multi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:42 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
I'm worried about EX: The Magician / Primrose, but we'll see how it is nerfed. If it is overnerfed, it will be interesting to see if my prediction of Level 3 rush decks taking over the meta comes to pass.

:)

seeing as how like, literally over 70-80% of cards that are 3* and under are level 3 or below, it's only reasonable to believe that "level 3 rush decks taking over the meta" SHOULD come to pass until there are more big units that aren't 4* and up become available. Yes you can make some big files with lower rarity cards, but you're very very limited in what you can use at that point :P So i've always found this argument for why primclone is necessary a stupid one.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 am

Mid gowen?

You mean Primclone's Gowen half with some not-so-obscenely powerful non-Falkow cards thrown in there? (Face it...going up against Shin+Bringer+Mirelia+Bog, and one of those will do you in)
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby angelspawn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:05 am

First of all i want to say THANK YOU. It's been long overdue.

But am i the only one seeing a trend in here? It seems like Falkow, and Falkow alone, loses its options to a Big File.

Where is Arthila Shin (ActionSkill= Lvl + 3, so used more then once means it heals but no StartSkill!), Afel (limit his skill to 4 Units), and all the others? Bigs will continiou to reign supreme in end-game, with Falkow's options even more limited in dealing/comparing with them (always were imo). Atleast i wanted to see an errata thruout the whole spectrum of extreme End-game breaking units... not just in 1 Sphere that already struggled in its options.
Last edited by angelspawn on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawn

Postby garcia1000 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:09 am

I think we should wait to see the changes before criticizing them!

Like, maybe Diondora gets (Start Skill SP0: Return target disengaged enemy unit) and Bog Wyvern gets AGI 5 and trait: attack hits all enemy units :lol: :lol:
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby angelspawn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:23 am

Be realistic. -.-

I'm putting forth how other -clearly OP- Bigs continiou to be untouched.
BogWyvern was by far NOT the only 'lay in & instant win' end-game card. I much rather had seen some balance in that aspect of the game aswell.
angelspawn

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart