NOT an important message about Premium Features

Official News and Announcements

Re: NOT an important message about Premium Features

Postby Spears » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:59 pm

ErnnLaties wrote:@immortal, u have to use your starter deck to beat the level 1 quest

I dont think this is true, i know i didnt.
Spears

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:02 pm

i beat the level 1 npc like 3 times and no mail, but then I changed to the starter, and beat the NPC, then i got the mail - maybe it was a coincidence that the GMs fixed it by the time I beat the NPC a 4th time lol :lol:
ErnnLaties

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:04 pm

You don't need to use a starter, it just tells you to go get one if you haven't already because it's designed for new players.

You're right, winning 10 X against a deck you have to get randomly in Folrart would be pretty unlikely. But if it's the top meta or a top meta, chances are there's someone grinding it all the time, so if say, the achievement was win one time it'd probably be do-able.

Still, a little silly.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

honestly, i wasn't so surprised about people being so negative. I actually expected it. Sad isn't it when this is what you will expect from the community...

But that's how it is, everyone easily complains w/o even a single thought about how things are run or how hard it is to develop stuff.

Premiums:
I am glad it wasn't a pay extra feature. It is just something we get in addition to the gran that we already buy for sets and such.
I love the idea of replays and saves. This way I don't have to record everything and then get it uploaded somewhere else.
For tournaments, I don't have to watch anymore. I can just put out a match-up and then send me vid so i can verify the match or watch-ever.
It would even be possible to host these vids for those who want to watch final matches for tournys.

More files, i guess there will be players out there who really really love to make files and test. I wouldn't mind with all the variations and copies i go through.

Achievements:
INTRO Achievements, a very first step into the whole system
I applaud the team to get a system like this even running. Now that the ground work has been set down, I am sure the rest will go pretty smoothly.
I too am a bit saddened by the starter brand rewards. Would have been nice to be able to recycle them if i really wanted to aim for something else that might be more useful.

Other:
I see some people are upset b/c this is "bleh" for them and are complaining about something not as BIG or with more priority.
Part of a dev plan is about schedule and execution. There are time lines for projects (especially when developed together, which is how most US teams develop). I also think that these two features came up b/c they were probably the quickest things to be executed. It would surely beat having to wait half a year for something new. A little bit here, a little there, until the BIG feature is ready is better than long space of nothing.
ANIMEniac

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Logress wrote:You don't need to use a starter, it just tells you to go get one if you haven't already because it's designed for new players.

You're right, winning 10 X against a deck you have to get randomly in Folrart would be pretty unlikely. But if it's the top meta or a top meta, chances are there's someone grinding it all the time, so if say, the achievement was win one time it'd probably be do-able.

Still, a little silly.

Grand Achievement
Hunt and defeat Mavel
Prize - 60 Point Cards
ANIMEniac

Postby DDrgn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:13 pm

LOL grand achievement. People should be happy they get anything at all. :)

For the first quest I beat the NPC, left the battle, then checked the Alteil mail inbox. No 2nd quest.

Beat the NPC a second time using the same file, WAITED maybe 20 seconds, did not return to arena, clicked on mail tab, clicked on the "Inbox" button, 2nd quest mail arrived.

I think you have to wait a tiny bit before leaving the battle. Or maybe not, but it seems to work this way. Will attempt second quest later. Replay feature is very nice. And I guess someone could use said feature to record a "tutorial match" against the NPC's or something. xD
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby ANIMEniac » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:17 pm

After finishing one achievement, you have to wait a little bit before the mail comes in. There is a small delay (around min or so). Might be longer or weird hiccups b/c of so many users doing it?
ANIMEniac

Postby lupos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:36 pm

For those of you know use linux much, especially as administrators, the achievements run every minute. That's how cron works. I would have LOVED to have made this more directly integrated into the actual game so that it checks at the end of each battle per user, but that's not an option. So it checks everyone who is online or was online recently to see if they meet the criteria for each achievement. In other words, you may have to wait as much as 59 seconds for your achievement to appear.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Although, even if you log off (or crash) before the achievement appears it shouldn't matter. The system is smart enough to check the battles of recently logged off users.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Logress wrote:To be honest, I am seriously thinking about using Achievements to play with the Meta. The thing is with errata is no matter how much you test, it's hard to tell if a card is OP because no one has thought of a smart way around it (or like Volcano Wyvern, the opposite). What better way to test it than to throw out a temporary Achievement "Beat DEFS 10 times" or "Win ten times in folrart with 3 Volcano Wyverns in your deck"? Something tells me a week later you'd be a much better judge of the situation.

No "win 3 battles in a row with x, y, z" pls... i hate those missions. Q_Q (naruto-arena trauma poping up again)

The quests were nice and i think the text contribues to the excitement of a new player very well. The uncommon things were having to play the NPC, since i always like to test in folrart and just quit if i get many backlashes or fast countered (assassin first SS >>> wtf?!). I will eventually end up beating the NPCs with any possible file out there (directly testing in folrart makes your files be instantly levels above the NPC).
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart