NOT an important message about Premium Features

Official News and Announcements

Re: NOT an important message about Premium Features

Postby Demongod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Logress wrote:To be honest, I am seriously thinking about using Achievements to play with the Meta. The thing is with errata is no matter how much you test, it's hard to tell if a card is OP because no one has thought of a smart way around it (or like Volcano Wyvern, the opposite). What better way to test it than to throw out a temporary Achievement "Beat DEFS 10 times" or "Win ten times in folrart with 3 Volcano Wyverns in your deck"? Something tells me a week later you'd be a much better judge of the situation.

Would we actually get access to those cards to use them? For instance "win ten times in folrart with 3 volcano wyverns"...if we have no vol wyvs, would we be able to get a playset of them until the achievement is completed, or just get 3 shielded copies?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Good point. Probably the achievements should be made in such a way that you get those cards in earlier achievements so you can use them in later ones, unless there is no time limit set, so then you could just wait for some time to get the card. :P

I suggest you add "spectating" as a quest! Did you forget this one?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:you could just wait for some time

Peralisc: I'll spare you the theory of random walks, but suffice to say that the time required by "some time" is *NOT* a trivial amount!
Last edited by Demongod on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm not sure if records are kept on who spectated what. If there are, that's a good idea.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Demongod wrote:I'll spare you the theory of random walks, but suffice to say that the time required by "some time" is *NOT* a trivial amount!

I was joking. I know it takes a lot to get certain card of your choice. Still waiting to get my 3rd crest veteran swordswoman. -.-
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Demongod wrote:Would we actually get access to those cards to use them? For instance "win ten times in folrart with 3 volcano wyverns"...if we have no vol wyvs, would we be able to get a playset of them until the achievement is completed, or just get 3 shielded copies?

I really like this idea. Hoping they implement this and a Merc Nation quest. I want my Revolver Bladesmen :)
crimsonshade

Postby Demongod » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:21 pm

joshisawesum wrote:
I really like this idea. Hoping they implement this and a Merc Nation quest. I want my Revolver Bladesmen :)

So QFTing this. I need two more of him as well. Honestly two-stars are so difficult to come by :(.

Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Logress wrote:I'm not sure if records are kept on who spectated what. If there are, that's a good idea.

So does your system record people entering the chat? Because that's also a basic of getting in touch with the game. And adding someone to your friend list, write a mail ...

I probably get too much into details and you intended to add the rest of the basics later.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Chat should DEFINITELY be a requirement.

Seriously, so many new players are irrationally scared of chat, but once they stop in and actually try to talk (and not just ask a question and vanish) they usually stick around more often.
luckysvn777

Postby Artist » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 pm

ANIMEniac wrote:
Logress wrote:You don't need to use a starter, it just tells you to go get one if you haven't already because it's designed for new players.

You're right, winning 10 X against a deck you have to get randomly in Folrart would be pretty unlikely. But if it's the top meta or a top meta, chances are there's someone grinding it all the time, so if say, the achievement was win one time it'd probably be do-able.

Still, a little silly.

Grand Achievement
Hunt and defeat Mavel
Prize - 60 Point Cards

I'd really hope I can get this one retroactively lol.
Artist

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart