Premium Features in Detail

Official News and Announcements

Premium Features in Detail

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 pm

As some of you may have noticed by now, the Premium Features are now active. They do not cost anything additional, but only those who use the Cashier Tab will get them. In addition, there is a FREE TRIAL of the Theater Tab, which is already available to everyone. Here are the details:

When you make a purchase of 1100 Gran or more from the Cashier tab, along with your Gran your account will be upgraded with Premium Features at no additional cost.

The Premium Features Include:

-Double the number of slots you have for Card Files under the FILE menu from 10 to 20.

-Double max length of your in-game mail.

-Adds the Theater functionality, which allows you to watch Replays of your battles, and share them.

Theater Tab

When you finish a battle, you will be given the option to Save it. Select a Saved Battle Slot from the dropdown menu in the Theater Tab and hit Save Battle. You may also type in a name that will help you remember it later.

If you want to share your battle, just select Display URL and cut and paste it wherever you want. The system will automatically disguise your Rival Iczer's name and Avatar for other users, although you will be able to see them when you play them directly from the menu.

You begin with 5 slots to save battle Replays. You may purchase more for 100 Gran each. Unlike the Premium Upgrade, additional slots can be bought withgran earned outside of the Cashier tab.

When you playback a battle, you will be given controls like a DVD player, where you can skip forward or back through the turns, pause or jump to the beginning or end of the battle.

Free Trial

All users get a Free Trial of the Theater Tab. Whenever you finish a battle, you will be given the option to Save a Replay of that battle and start your Trial Membership. This free membership will last for one week.

Expired Accounts

If you re-activate Premium Features on an account that previously had Premium Features in the past, you will have all of your Card Files and saved Replays restored to you, provided it has been one month or less. Any more, and it is possible some of the data will be overwritten. If you purchased extra Replay slots, those will be restored to your account no matter how much time has past.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Premium Features in Detail

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Okay, this isn't the most mind blowing new thing ever, but somehow this feature got past me in the chaos of the morning, and since many of our users are non-paying users, I thought this might interest someone (maybe).

SAVING replays is a premium feature, but PLAYING back an Instant Replay is not. So, only Members or Trial Members get the Save button at the end of their battles, but everyone gets the Replay button. That means you can Replay a battle as many times as you want until you return to the Arena. So what's the point of that? First of all, if you missed a chance to screen cap a guy who was being cheap or cheating, it's no problem. If you're learning, you can use it to review what the enemy did. Most importantly, though, is that everyone can record a duel and post it to you-tube using their favorite video capture program, but how do you know in advance if a duel was worth the trouble to capture? Now if you have an awesome duel you can just Replay and record.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Logress wrote:Okay, this isn't the most mind blowing new thing ever, but somehow this feature got past me in the chaos of the morning, and since many of our users are non-paying users, I thought this might interest someone (maybe).

SAVING replays is a premium feature, but PLAYING back an Instant Replay is not. So, only Members or Trial Members get the Save button at the end of their battles, but everyone gets the Replay button. That means you can Replay a battle as many times as you want until you return to the Arena. So what's the point of that? First of all, if you missed a chance to screen cap a guy who was being cheap or cheating, it's no problem. If you're learning, you can use it to review what the enemy did. Most importantly, though, is that everyone can record a duel and post it to you-tube using their favorite video capture program, but how do you know in advance if a duel was worth the trouble to capture? Now if you have an awesome duel you can just Replay and record.

That's a pretty good feature to add actually. I approve ^^
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Record in advance like Mavel does or only used to do in the past. :P
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby garcia1000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 am

It seems like the replay feature would be a great way of attracting new users and building a database of interesting stuff.

I hate to question business decisions because well, what the heck would I know? But it just seems to me like free replays would be a great form of free marketing that your users will do for you voluntarily. It sure would be unfortunate if some dudes wants to show new players some sample games, but then they couldn't because they didn't get the premium features!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:21 am

I feel like watching these quick replays of your in game decisions gives you a much better sense of your file/you plays advantages and weaknesses
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby imortal12233 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:04 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I feel like watching these quick replays of your in game decisions gives you a much better sense of your file/you plays advantages and weaknesses

or helps you realize just how many mistakes you made in a single game... while still somehow winning...
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Return to Castle Folrart