Intro to Alteil Quest is a Go!

Official News and Announcements

Intro to Alteil Quest is a Go!

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Yes, that's right, today's big announcement is the Introductory Quest. Why, were you expecting something else? You see, I TOLD everyone that the surprise for today wouldn't be the Premium Features (Logically, with last night's posts it wasn't a surprise.) I never lie. Now, go spend money on our game, it'll make unicorns happy.

Here's how it works, the Introductory Quest is a series of 11 tasks that are essentially Achievements. In fact, this is kind of the proof-of-concept / live test of the Achievement System (don't worry, it will come with a fancy interface when we finally get the real thing done). The series begins with a single mail from Lapierre Sensei, and then after you complete each Achievement you'll get another in game mail telling you all about the next one. Each email tells you a little more about Alteil and gives you some hints. As you complete them, you'll be rewarded with cards (Beginner's versions).

For the next two weeks, everyone will be able to get them. If you're over level 100, feel free to ignore the advice in the game mails. I figure everyone trying to get 11 Achievements as fast as possible will emulate the load the system will have on the servers if a full-blown Achievement System is running with no time limit.

After the next two weeks, only low level players will be able to get them. I think the cap will be that you have to reach the 8th one by the time you reach level 5 (the later Achievements require leveling).

FAQ

What happens if I get the Achievements out of order?
-For the Introductory Quest you have to do them in order. Some of them, like "reach level 2" are obviously retroactive, so if you get the one before it and you're already level 2, you'll get both at once.

Why have a level cap at all?
-I want to motivate our users to get them done as soon as possible. The sooner they do them and get the experience, the hints, and the free cards, the better off they'll be and the more likely they'll have a positive experience. No matter how badly you want to know what the 'real game' is like, going into Folrart at level 1 is helping nobody.

Is this system set in stone?
-No, the next two weeks are kind of a trial period. So, there are no guarantees that I won't tweak a few things before switching it over to low-levelers only.

I didn't get the initial mail from Lapierre Sensei
-In case that's a problem, I have the mail transcribed below.

Welcome to Alteil

It looks like we've got another new ICZER here in Alteil. Um, by Iczer I mean you. As for Alteil, it's kind of a gateway between your world and Lavato, a land of swords and sorcery. Here, you can use Alteil Cards to summon heroes, monsters and magical powers from Lavato and wield them in duels.

People capable of using Alteil Cards are what we call Iczers. Now is your chance to learn how to duel with Alteil Cards, become a great Iczer and protect the world of Lavato from BATORA, the ultimate evil!

So let's get started! Get a Starter File of Alteil Cards by clicking on the GAME Tab if you haven't already. Then, try it out on an NPC opponent.

The level 1 NPC is Rosemary Izari, and she uses Refess. It's her job to train the new recruits. Challenge her in the SINGLE PLAYER ARENA in the Game Tab and then once you've successfully defeated her return to the Mail Tab. Clicking on INBOX will check for new messages.

REQUIREMENT: Defeat lvl 1 NPC
PRE-REQUISITE: Iczers level 1-5
REWARD: Folrart Shield Knight
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Intro to Alteil Quest is a Go!

Postby Spears » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Hey is there a delay between defeating the npc and the second mail arriving?
thanks.
Spears

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm

There was a minor kink, some users may not have gotten it depending exactly when you finished the battle... it's fixed now...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Spears » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Got it, cheers.
Spears

Postby Eldena » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Havent got my second e-mail. Do i have to redo the first quest?
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

Postby edgarfigaro » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:57 pm

The achievements check up to a minute after your last battle has ended. You may need to duel again. If it still isn't showing we can check the battle records.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby Bass88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Sorry for my question but i dont understand all... only the people with lvl 1-5 or whit my lvl 19 i can do the quest?
Bass88

Postby Spears » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

I have not got the completion for the 2nd quest, as i cant return to crest figured i should wait. If your already aware of this kinda thing and would like me to shush just let me know.

Bass any lvl can complete them for the next two weeks, after that only those below lvl 5 can. I think.

whoops...crest or folart. My bad.
Last edited by Spears on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spears

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 pm

For the 2nd quest, it mentions at the bottom of the email the requirement is either 1 win in Crest or Folrart, so it should be fine Spears
crimsonshade

Postby Zanador » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm

The second mail came from "Has been achieved". Is that normal? Where is Lapiere-sensei?
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Next

Return to Castle Folrart