Intro to Alteil Quest is a Go!

Official News and Announcements

Re: Intro to Alteil Quest is a Go!

Postby genj1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Has anyone else been having trouble with quest 8, the lotto one? I've been lottoing for the past 3 days and still haven't gotten the next mail.
genj1

Postby braxxus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 am

harvest4god wrote:
braxxus wrote:I have beaten a number of the quests, but I have not received any of the card bonuses. I did not pay attention to gran or FM bonuses.

Remember the cards will be starter cards not regular ones.

Don't know what the difference is, but i am only Level 4. I guess they disappear after you are a certain level?
braxxus

Postby kyokaze » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 am

braxxus wrote:
harvest4god wrote:
braxxus wrote:I have beaten a number of the quests, but I have not received any of the card bonuses. I did not pay attention to gran or FM bonuses.

Remember the cards will be starter cards not regular ones.

Don't know what the difference is, but i am only Level 4. I guess they disappear after you are a certain level?

Start cards = they have a starter shield. And technically they are in their own set. Starter cards belong in the Beginning set. Starter versions and non starter version will be separate in both the recycle page and file page.
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Logress » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 am

They are functionally no different than normal cards. They don't disappear or anything. The only thing is, that you can't use the Recyler to trade them in for Gran.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Eladin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:17 am

approximately how long of a wait is there between finishing one quest and getting the mail to move on to the next? i just beat the lvl 5 NPC one and didn't get the little mail. no rush i guess, i was just kinda curious.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Gota » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 pm

So, I'm assuming the 'testing' with achievement system is done after implementing the intro quest.

Are we going to see any daily, weekly, monthly quests for iczers soon?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Multi » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:00 am

Gota wrote:So, I'm assuming the 'testing' with achievement system is done after implementing the intro quest.

Are we going to see any daily, weekly, monthly quests for iczers soon?

:V maybe quarterly, or bi-yearly.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby azurewrath » Mon May 31, 2010 6:53 pm

So....Yeah, whatever happened to these achievements? Been a while since someone bumped this one xD
azurewrath

Postby UncanyGarlic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:39 am

Logress wrote:Why have a level cap at all?
-I want to motivate our users to get them done as soon as possible. The sooner they do them and get the experience, the hints, and the free cards, the better off they'll be and the more likely they'll have a positive experience. No matter how badly you want to know what the 'real game' is like, going into Folrart at level 1 is helping nobody.

I like the idea of encouraging people to do the quests to start with, I don't like the idea of being punished for not completing the quests quick enough and not being able to complete them out of sequence. It also seems counter productive to put a level cap on the quests if they are there to help players out by giving them hints and such and punishes players who level up too quickly by denying them the rewards. The end result is that people who don't complete the quests and who want to may end up with a more negative experience because of the level cap, the opposite of the intention of the quests in the first place.

All in all, the quests are a good idea and I'm all for encouraging players to get it done with ASAP but a level cap doesn't seem the best route. In fact, I'd argue that the rewards alone are incentive enough. The rewards are a positive reinforcer, that is they make players want to complete the quests, which is ultimately playing the game, because they get rewarded for doing so. On the other hand, the level cap is a negative punishment, that is it removes the ability to earn rewards for playing the game too much in lieu of doing quests, reinforcing to the player that playing the game more means that they will not be offered rewards.

Cheers,
~Garlic
UncanyGarlic

Postby Logress » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:22 am

Notice we never added the level cap...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart