Beginner's Packs Return Friday

Official News and Announcements

Re: Beginner's Packs Return Friday

Postby Noria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:18 pm

oyzar wrote:Mercenary is a bit overrated, I think. It's not that good and easy to fall into trap of wasting too much SP on it.

yeah that´s the biggest/only downfall of this card... if you summoned em for 3 SP and then used his skill once or twice it´s a big loss of SP when he dies, starting at his lowest level/strenght again and nomnomnoming your SP like crazy to boost him up once more.

anyways once he´s up strong and beefy merc is a really good unit and a nice 1* addition to any gowen starter, a great replacement for samurai girl or boomerang fighter.
Noria

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Noria wrote:
oyzar wrote:Mercenary is a bit overrated, I think. It's not that good and easy to fall into trap of wasting too much SP on it.

yeah that´s the biggest/only downfall of this card... if you summoned em for 3 SP and then used his skill once or twice it´s a big loss of SP when he dies, starting at his lowest level/strenght again and nomnomnoming your SP like crazy to boost him up once more.

anyways once he´s up strong and beefy merc is a really good unit and a nice 1* addition to any gowen starter, a great replacement for samurai girl or boomerang fighter.

lol not really the fact that it's rng 2 agi 3 makes him quite good and ppl should realize that one buff is more than enuff for him to do his stuff and that 2 should be the max after 3 it's just over kill and waste.
"While Retear in his previous state was certainly powerful, we felt that his skill set was not particularly satisfying to use..." A.K.A. he was too Refess for Refess.
GOSCAR

Postby Noria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:38 pm

GOSCAR wrote:
Noria wrote:

lol not really the fact that it's rng 2 agi 3 makes him quite good and ppl should realize that one buff is more than enuff for him to do his stuff and that 2 should be the max after 3 it's just over kill and waste.

thats exactly what i said actually^^

i love merc too, as i said thats the only downside he actually got, his stats are awesome but he can become an SP-waste quite easily if he dies after buff. you lose the 1 or 2 SP you put into em and then gotta resurrect for another SP just to spend at least one more to get up his stats again, i think that´s quite a huge amount you can lose when he´s down.

apart from that as mentioned: great addition to the starter file, strong and manly i´d take em over samurai girl any day.
Noria

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart