We have a new DEMO

Official News and Announcements

We have a new DEMO

Postby Logress » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:58 pm

We now have a new demo! Using new Demo: and NPC: cards, we've made a new demo that emphasizes fun and provides a good introduction to the game using simplified cards (cards that don't actually appear in the game, but exemplify basic card types).

I know what you're thinking. Why are the GM's taking all this time working on the Demo, something the regular users never use? Simple, according to our records, most of our regular users saw our site, did some poking around and decided to go right ahead and make an account without even trying the Demo. Visitors who were on the fence tried the demo, and the grand majority of them never made an account. In fact, the data makes it look like our Demo was actually scaring away potential users. Anyone who ever tried to get a friend to play Alteil and said "just go to the site and try the demo" knows that it needed to be fixed, it needed it bad.

So, check out the new demo and tell us what you think. And, if you got a buddy you've been meaning to tell about Alteil, but just didn't want to go through the hassle of teaching him, go ahead and throw him a link. Maybe the demo will do its job this time.

Oh, also the enemy of the Demo is also the 1st NPC, so the 1st NPC now uses the special cards. I did thread some code in there that should make it take it easy on you if you're playing with a normal starter and not the more powerful Demo deck, so it should be okay. Sometime tomorrow we'll put up a new NPC with the old beginner refess deck you're used to.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: We have a new DEMO

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Cool demo but I'm afraid making VERY special cards will confuse them once they are playing for real.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Logress » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:16 pm

On purpose I picked cards that aren't in the starters, and even tried to use cards they wouldn't see too often when watching games in folrart whenever possible (the NPC's deck revolves around a Coatl endgame). So hopefully by the time they have the opportunity to be confused they'll know enough to understand there can be alternate cards with the same art.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby azurewrath » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Was able to beat my rival before coatl even came out lol. Seriously tho, I want a fire dragon ss now xD
azurewrath

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:26 pm

NO!
EDIT: too OP and no chance of getting a backfire!
Last edited by GOSCAR on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Logress wrote:cards that don't actually appear in the game, but exemplify basic card types

Still a good chance for Everquest (or whatever crappy name the game you guys made fun of, had) to strike back!

Oh and some fun facts:
gf: i don't play a noob game
cousin: i don't play a children's card game
sis: i got no time, i am working on becoming famous!
random friend: dude ... wtf is that? T_T
random guy: oh ok, i'll try it out later ... (i know he won't)
Last edited by Peralisc2 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:39 pm

This is awesome!!!

To be honest, I like this a lot more than the first 11 achievements. Way to pick cards with good art too. The seasonal dual wielder, soldier of gaia, wyvern, and panther soul are all awesome.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:46 pm

I really like the new demo. Problem is i think i would be disapointed with the game not being so very simple and fully+nicely explained ...

Ah! Forgot the scroll bar! Please add some text about scrolling down through your deck. I honestly didn't see the scrollbar first 5 games or so ... ://
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DWildstar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:09 pm

GOSCAR wrote:NO!

From Forum rules:

- Do not write posts with one word responses.
If you agree with something or want to QFT, follow up with an explanation or don't post at all. Just posting "Yes" just creates unnecessary clutter.
DWildstar

Postby azurewrath » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh come on, I was just playing. A lot of those cards are clearly OP and we know it. That is part of what made it fun. I have to say, this one is a lot more fun than the regular demo. I didn't even understand what I was doing with the former one.
azurewrath

Next

Return to Castle Folrart