EX 6: Katsuya Terada's Black Hearted Awakening

Official News and Announcements

EX 6: Katsuya Terada's Black Hearted Awakening

Postby Logress » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:24 pm

EX 6 launches tomorrow, Friday the 9th! This is our first ARTISTS PACK, with all four new cards designed and illustrated by legendary character designer Katsuya Terada!

Er... trailer's not quite done, will go up tomorrow morning. but we've got the info page and a quick look at the new art!

Legendary character designer Katsuya Terada has designed and illustrated four EX Villains that will have you ready to put three times the daily recommended dose of evil into all your Card Files!

Katsuya Terada may be best known in the Anime world as the character designer for BLOOD THE LAST VAMPIRE and best known in the video game world as one of the character designers for VIRTUA FIGHTER and TEKKEN 5. However, he's lent his intense style to a huge number of movies, games and comic book throughout the years, both in Japan and the United States. He's as a designer on the American live-action Hellboy and the Japanese Godzilla: Final Wars films, and worked on other design and illustration projects involving Cutey Honey, Devilman, Legend of Zelda, Hellboy and Iron Man.

Now, Katsuya Terada's dark imagination is about to influence your Card Files. Succumb to evil and bring a taste of darkness to your game!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: EX 6: Katsuya Terada's Black Hearted Awakening

Postby Logress » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:26 pm

In case you're wondering why Katsuya Terada is awesome:

http://kotaku.com/378336/katsuya-terada ... ve-cherish
Logress

Postby Xovian » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:26 pm

YAY!, been waiting for this release.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Yea Ialready have 400 gran saved up paypal time :D
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby azurewrath » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Hopefully we will get people posting stats for us before I head in.
azurewrath

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm

I knew this was coming. Wanted to make a thread to warn everyone about it, because it was so obvious it is coming. I mean look how many special lottos there were in the past weeks ...

Well sorry guys, just somehow didn't get the mood to open up such a thread and tell you it's coming. For someone who's been around for so long it's too damn obvious that before new set, new EX they launch lots of random events to gran-reap you and you got little to spend on the set that comes out. Never figured out what mentality hides behind that.

Another issue with me forgetting to make such a thread is that i actually wanted to suggest some lawtia-falkow combo cards released in the EX packs. I don't think i have to explain why that's important. Anyways GMs if you didn't do that this time, there's always next time, just don't forget to do it.

Katsuya Terada may be best known in the Anime world as the character designer for BLOOD THE LAST VAMPIRE

I hate that series, i hate the art even more. Probably it's the art alone that stopped me from enduring the show.

And same goes for almost any of those titles. I am not happy to say this, but you somewhat "scared me away" with mentioning all that. Oh well, good i am not the only one in here reading this.

EDIT:
Will you make Phantom into an undead like card in this version too?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Logress » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Yep.
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Hah. Let's see if demongod stays loyal to his opinions about undeads. Who am i trying to fool? LOL!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Be nice per... even though i agree
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Why is this EX set so focused on the illustrator and not on, you know, the actual story? That's kinda silly in my opinion. Plus, i'll be honest.. I like the other artists a bit better. These ones just honestly don't seem to... fit. Something's off, but maybe that's just me.

Still new cards, and likely epic ones at that, so who cares? XD
luckysvn777

Next

Return to Castle Folrart