EX 6: Katsuya Terada's Black Hearted Awakening

Official News and Announcements

Re: EX 6: Katsuya Terada's Black Hearted Awakening

Postby Xovian » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Logress wrote:I'll put up the exact date when I get to work mon and can go through the calender (I am home sick right now)

Logress is hardcore like that. ;th2

Does this count as "what real men do" as talked about in another thread?
At any rate, keep up the good work Logress!
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby methebest » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Multi wrote:I don't know why people keep saying the artwork sucks. It's actually good artwork. Not suiting your tastes I can understand, but these allegations that the artwork doesn't fit in with the rest of alteil or that it sucks are silly. There are many alteil cards that are not cutesy, nor particularly colorful. I don't particularly want to go through and find all the examples where the artwork may or may not fit with the rest of the artwork in a particular theme, as that's also largely subjective as well.

From a technical standpoint, these cards are at a much higher level than most of the more popular artwork on cards. It's fairly obvious what the tastes are for the larger part of the alteil forum members are it seems. Terada himself has an incredibly impressive resume as well, compared to say, someone like kiran, though all of the artists are professionals anyways.

As for these cards not having to do with the story, I find that pretty amusing since a large number of cards that get released in each set and ex's have nothing to do with alteil's paltry and pathetic story that we have so far. I'm sure a great majority of players don't even know alteil has a connective storyline at all.

I personally would not buy any of these cards based on artwork alone, I like the cards with the cute girls :V But I'm not going to insult an artist just because he doesn't draw the subjects I like. Say you don't like the artwork, but don't say it sucks, because while art is subjective, from a technical standpoint artwork can be objective and this man is good at what he does.

Well, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and just assume most people who are complaining about the artwork are just mad because they can't buy really powerful cards with cute girlies on them. Afterall, everybody likes USEFUL cards with artwork that they prefer. It's the reason some people love running mermaids, sk, or magic dolls afterall. (I never really heard of anyone crying out their love for monster files , priest files, or merc army before ex yuni, though I think lucky was into merc army back in early set5 and even then it wasn't about the artwork or unit love)

Also, cards may be up but... not in the cardlist?

i understand the whole some art just isnt your cup of tea as an artist my self i have alot of art i dont like some of it due to the artist but this stuff i hate so in the whole of art theres so far only 4 peices i hate dose that tell you any thing( but then it could be that i was looking forward to ex6 so bloody much they some art i dilike gets turned into smething i hate but thats unlikely)

and on a side note i really like most of the cards like mermaids and magic dolls but how is it that id prefer to play with crapy zombie dragons?
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:53 pm

I have to admit Belltia's art has grown on me.. but that's because he's awesome.
luckysvn777

Postby Romdeau » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Where the hell is "Strike Owl Sage" on the card list? Or did you release a 3rd new card in the Falkow EX?
Romdeau

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Romdeau wrote:Where the hell is "Strike Owl Sage" on the card list? Or did you release a 3rd new card in the Falkow EX?

It's a secret card, don't you know?
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Puff » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:48 pm

GOSCAR wrote:
Romdeau wrote:Where the hell is "Strike Owl Sage" on the card list? Or did you release a 3rd new card in the Falkow EX?

It's a secret card, don't you know?

lol, isn't it just owl sage with a mis-added "Strike" at the beginning :?
Puff

Postby Romdeau » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Somebody missed the sarcasm...
Romdeau

Postby Eladin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:01 am

either that or they both got it, flipped it, and now YOU'RE missing it! whoa!

yeah...

anyways, i still like the art. and does it really matter so much as the cards themselves?
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Noria » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 pm

yay O_O been away for some weeks, nice surprise they came up with two great additions looking at FM lottery as well ;th2
Noria

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 pm

FM lotto screwed me over.... 8000 fm no 3 star.... fml!!!
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart