Alteil America's first EX Pack

Official News and Announcements

Alteil America's first EX Pack

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 am

Alteil America's first EX Pack release is here on August 7th!

An EX Pack release is like a mini-expansion that adds a few more cards to the mix. Check out the details under the Expansion button, complete with fancy flash movie.

This EX Pack is entitled "Angels -- The Second Coming" and introduces for new cards, one for each Sphere. Like guardian angels for your Card File, they have a wide variety of abilities, and are designed to enhance your usual strategies.

The EX Packs also contain four true "EX Cards," these re-use character art of key characters from Alteil, but have different powers and statistics. Think of them as "alternate" versions or takes on the characters' capabilities. And, like the alternate versions of characters that have been popularized in American comics, they have no problem co-existing side by side. That means you can have 3 Zagars and 3 EX: Zagars in your Card file, and one of each on the field. Remember, however, that the EX versions of cards have completely different abilities, and from a statistical point of view fill different roles, so there really isn't any special advantage to that. Normal characters and EX characters are separate and cannot Revive one another.

EX Packs are fixed, and available for a limited time only. Unlike normal Basic and Expansion packs, EX Card packs are not random, and you can buy them based on what Sphere you want. In exchange, they are only going to be available for two months. For those of you who don't buy Gran, you are not going to want to miss on this opportunity. However, if you get a little Gran from Mirage Master, Recycling and the Ranking, you should be able to buy a few packs before the two months is up.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Alteil America's first EX Pack

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 am

Some of you may have checked out the link and noticed that one of the EX cards is all new... that's because the original Japanese EX Pack 1 came out after Expansion 1, so XXXX is a Set 2 card. Think of it as a special preview of what's to come.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:56 am

So about pricing? Are these going to cost the same as a normal booster pack or are they less, or perhaps even more? It seems like only four cards come in each pack instead of the five In a normal booster, and they are set cards, so nobody will buy more than three. These facts would lead to the idea that these packs should be cheaper than a normal booster.

By the way is this the special event that is replacing the august 7 tournament or is this totally seperate?

You also mentioned these packs were limited edition, but does that mean they will also not be able to be drawn from the lottery after the packs can no longer be bought?

By the way thanks for the update it is very exciting, although more information would make it even more so.
shyster

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:28 pm

umm i think you get only 3 card and one of them is a common one (love the fact that blitz soldier is in the gowen pack) but i don't understand how this relates to summer cards... maybe is it because it's 4 card and the fourth one is the alternate summer art card? if it's like this doesn't that make the refess pack a better deal since lapierre is a 3 star cards?
also dumb question... what happens with character talk if there is a zagar on one side and an ex zagar on the other side?
"ZE MUST BE CAREFULL TO FIGHT AGAINST ME?" O_o
teasel

Postby DWildstar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 pm

teasel wrote: but i don't understand how this relates to summer cards... maybe is it because it's 4 card and the fourth one is the alternate summer art card?

This has nothing to do with the summer cards. The cards in the expansion packs are as listed on the EX page. Don't know where you're getting the Lapierre from but it's not in the Refess expansion pack, it's a Rapidshot Magic Archer. I don't know specifics about EX versions of cards talking to others, so we'll have to find out!
DWildstar

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:37 pm

i remember the moderators saying something along the line of "we decided that it wouldn't be fair to give the permanent alternate summer art cards to the winners of the sun tournament so we are thinking of another way of giving them to the player..." i thought this was the way and since the alternate art cards are lapierre/archer scout/magic doll/sorcerer guard...
teasel

Postby CalebTheWise » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Awesome. What do they do?
CalebTheWise

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:03 pm

teasel wrote:umm i think you get only 3 card and one of them is a common one (love the fact that blitz soldier is in the gowen pack) but i don't understand how this relates to summer cards...

Sorry you are correct, I was reading the Mid line, as two cards and not as character position and then name.

However this does lend to my point that it should be even cheaper.

By the way how many blitz soldiers does gowen get in a starter?
shyster

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:04 pm

umm 0
teasel

Postby DWildstar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Logress wrote:Oh, and some of you have probably noticed that the Seasonal cards are not listed as prizes. We consulted with the Japanese, and figured that they would not make great prizes for a few reasons. One is that only the top players would have them (and they already will probably have a bunch of cards that starting players won't have) so the coolness factor of seeing one in the off season would go down a bit. We'll come up with a way to more evenly distribute them.

This is what Logress said, but this EX card pack is unrelated to this.
DWildstar

Next

Return to Castle Folrart