Alteil America's first EX Pack

Official News and Announcements

Re: Alteil America's first EX Pack

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:40 am

AzurePhoenix wrote:My concern is, what happens to the new players who come on after the cards are no longer available and will have no chance to get them? Will these EX packs come back again for a limited time perhaps?

Thats exactly what turns me off from this promotion. The opportunity to get new cards is always awesome and as a huge fan of Angels (they were the primary reason I chose Refess as I figured they'd be the angel clan) to finally see some is also very cool. However the fact the cards are available for a limited time only is rather irksome. It not only might mean that I won't be able to collect playsets of said cards unless I spend more real money, perhaps having to choose a single clan and forever missing out on the rest, but it also means all new players will be forever handicapped by not having access to these cards.

I've played far too many real card games that have had limited time only promo cards that were quite good and resulted in making things much harder for me as our game organizer when trying to bring in new people. At some point early on they'd see some one with those cool promos, ask me about them, and I'd have to tell them they were a limited time only thing from before they played. For alot of people that information would be a deal breaker and they'd never really bring themselves to invest in a game that had already left them behind.

Its even worse in a game like this, in a real card game some players would persist anyway on the hope that they could just trade for said promos or buy them off ebay. Alteil, however, allows no trading or player sales for their cards. That means once a promo is no longer available in packs, it really is no longer available period. If any of these promo cards are competitively playable I can forsee this being a breaking point for would be new players as they look at this game as something they are too late to join.

---

In another unrelated and far more minor complaint... why re-use pictures and names? I can understand re-using the names, nothing wrong with Lion Baron - EX, but to re-use the art as well seems kind of strange, kind of confusing, and kind of cheap. Its especially odd when you consider that we have other cards with the same name and same effect that have different pictures, namely the summer event cards. The cards would be far coolier and perhaps a little more desirable if they had unique art of those same original characters.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Savin877 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:
AzurePhoenix wrote:My concern is, what happens to the new players who come on after the cards are no longer available and will have no chance to get them? Will these EX packs come back again for a limited time perhaps?

Thats exactly what turns me off from this promotion. The opportunity to get new cards is always awesome and as a huge fan of Angels (they were the primary reason I chose Refess as I figured they'd be the angel clan) to finally see some is also very cool. However the fact the cards are available for a limited time only is rather irksome. It not only might mean that I won't be able to collect playsets of said cards unless I spend more real money, perhaps having to choose a single clan and forever missing out on the rest, but it also means all new players will be forever handicapped by not having access to these cards.

I've played far too many real card games that have had limited time only promo cards that were quite good and resulted in making things much harder for me as our game organizer when trying to bring in new people. At some point early on they'd see some one with those cool promos, ask me about them, and I'd have to tell them they were a limited time only thing from before they played. For alot of people that information would be a deal breaker and they'd never really bring themselves to invest in a game that had already left them behind.

Its even worse in a game like this, in a real card game some players would persist anyway on the hope that they could just trade for said promos or buy them off ebay. Alteil, however, allows no trading or player sales for their cards. That means once a promo is no longer available in packs, it really is no longer available period. If any of these promo cards are competitively playable I can forsee this being a breaking point for would be new players as they look at this game as something they are too late to join.

I agree completely, nothing else needs to be said. Why should future players be limited to only certain types of cards while people who had access to this game earlier gets the entire upper hand/advantage.

That being said, I have a feeling they will release angels again if this is just a limited time thing.
Savin877

Postby CrimsonLeaf » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:34 am

Logress wrote:If you get an EX Card during the next two months, you keep them forever... No disappearing cards this time.

ok thanks for answering my question... i am now more looking forward in having these cards... :lol:
CrimsonLeaf

Postby Mirth » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Since the EX packs are leaving in a week... (October 7th, 2008 is the last day)

As previously mentioned, Could someone please let us know if "limited":

1. Means that this is the ONLY time you will see the cards available? (Which is problematic for new users, even if there was trading).

OR

2. Means that we will see the cards available in the future at some time? (As are the "special artwork", etc. cards... Perhaps when the next generation of Alteil players arrives?)

Thanks!

Sincerely, Mirth ;loading
Mirth

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:58 am

We're planning to add an EX card lottery when we have enough EX cards, although that might be a little while. The lottery will be more expensive then the present lottery, and random, so buying the packs as they are will be a more efficient way of getting the EX cards, if possible.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Mirth » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:47 am

Logress wrote:We're planning to add an EX card lottery when we have enough EX cards, although that might be a little while. The lottery will be more expensive then the present lottery, and random, so buying the packs as they are will be a more efficient way of getting the EX cards, if possible.

Aaaaahhh. Thank you very much Logress. Good to know.

Does that mean that "EX" cards will be recyclable? And if so would you be able to provide a ballpark gran figure?

Thanks again!

Sincerely, Mirth ;loading
Mirth

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:54 am

Mirth you have no idea how much begging, pleading, and arguing I had to go through to get a confirmation of an ex lottery for the future, and even then in the end all I got was "we might implement one, but if we do it will probably be permanent" lol so consider yourself lucky to get such a straight answer.

For the record you can already recycle EX cards, they recycle for 30 gran (so their basically valued as 3 star rares).
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby slashzero » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:34 pm

The EX cards are recyclable right now, for 30 gran each.
slashzero

Postby kudaotai » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:43 am

I can't believe i missed rougeerst!!! T_T
Oh yeah, I forgot, I signed up in 2010, this is 2008. Sorry.

Truth or Dare accomplished.
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby kore » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:21 pm

I was necro'ing too, but stopped ;p
kore

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart