Alteil America's first EX Pack

Official News and Announcements

Re: Alteil America's first EX Pack

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:15 pm

yeah i just assumed it was related
teasel

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:33 pm

The power level of an EX card is close to a rarity 3-4 character card. They have good stats and each have a cool power that can help turn certain situations around, or could be the focus of a deck (although if you just throw them in to your File haphazardly they'll get you in trouble, like normal high rarity cards). The power level of the Angels is more like a rarity 4-5 character card, they have a variety of powers (like 3-4 different powers each) so they almost always can enhance your Card File in one way or another. Because you know your guaranteed to have two cards of this level, It's definitely more valuable than a standard pack of cards. The other thing tricky about playing the lottery or buying 5 card packs is that you need two or three of one card to really make him effective (Soul Skills non-withstanding) Obviously, with EX card packs this is not an issue.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:54 pm

That is true Logress, but how will these cards be rated?

Will they actually have star values allowing for recyling, or will they have a shield or some similar icon that denotes they are of special occurance or value?

As you have said you need about two cards for them to even be usuable outside of special occurances or one time uses, and since this is supposed to be a free game you should make it possible that "free" players are able to get at least two for their decks.

By the way is there some reason we cannot see the cards stats? Do we just have to wait until they are actually availiable for purchase before we can start thinking about how to use them in our decks?

As a side note I believe the link in the expansion cards area is broken as clicking on it from there does not load anything for me.
shyster

Postby lunaCremisi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm

I've got to say, this is some pretty exciting news....especially since my refess deck needs a few changes....although it does raise the question of how much the cards will cost....hopefully it will be affordable...
lunaCremisi

Postby azarael » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Hopefully, they're not recyclable, because if one was rarity level 3-4 and the other was 4-5, you'd need a huge Gran cost to make buying and recycling them non profitable.
azarael

Postby ManiacalSoul » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:07 pm

The cards haven't been added to the card list yet, will they be listed under EX rarity on Aug 7 so we can see what they do?
ManiacalSoul

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Yeah, they'll be added to the card list under Rarity: EX on the 7th...
Logress

Postby CrimsonLeaf » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 pm

what happens to the ex cards when 2 months has passed? is it gone permanently or just be in your card file?
CrimsonLeaf

Postby AzurePhoenix » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:18 pm

An interesting idea and one that's got me excited. If I ever was going to spend money, it would most likely be in the case where I know what cards I'm going to get. (I'm not much of a gambling man myself ;) ).

I hope the promotion is a good fundraiser for Alteil, and the two month window should still afford individuals who get the weekly Gran stipend & Mirage Master ~1-2 packs before the promotion ends.

My concern is, what happens to the new players who come on after the cards are no longer available and will have no chance to get them? Will these EX packs come back again for a limited time perhaps?

Looking forward to seeing the card's stats! :D
AzurePhoenix

Postby Logress » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:13 am

If you get an EX Card during the next two months, you keep them forever... No disappearing cards this time.
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart