Beginner's Packs End Friday

Official News and Announcements

Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby Logress » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am

This Friday, the Beginner's Packs will be leaving the building. If you want to score 45 key cards to bring your Starters up to the next level, now is the time!

The playing field for new players and their ability to get free cards is about to change quite a bit, so after we've had some time for things to mellow out, we'll re-evaluate things and look into a new Beginner's Pack, but it won't have the same cards, so if you like the way these Beginner's packs look, go for them now!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress
 
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby Multi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Is there any reason beginner packs have to be limited? I know this was asked a buncha times before but I don't remember there ever being any answer.

We get new beginners all the time I assume, but if they're unfortunate enough to miss out on these, then for a period of 1-6 months beginners are just SOL. Why not make these available permanently as Beginner set 1, Beginner set 2, etc. They're shielded cards anyways and limited to 1*'s only, so I don't see how it'd be a big deal. If they play long enough [months], they'll eventually get those cards from lotto anyways.

It's not like these sets get made very often either, this was the 2nd one in many many months, and it's not like there isn't space for them in the shop. I hate to compare us alteil to jp, but if I recall, they had a really large list of items to purchase from their shop. At the very least, there's no reason to get rid of the beginner pack before a new one is made, there should ALWAYS be the option to purchase A beginner pack of some sort.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Multi wrote:Is there any reason beginner packs have to be limited? I know this was asked a buncha times before but I don't remember there ever being any answer.

We get new beginners all the time I assume, but if they're unfortunate enough to miss out on these, then for a period of 1-6 months beginners are just SOL. Why not make these available permanently as Beginner set 1, Beginner set 2, etc. They're shielded cards anyways and limited to 1*'s only, so I don't see how it'd be a big deal. If they play long enough [months], they'll eventually get those cards from lotto anyways.

It's not like these sets get made very often either, this was the 2nd one in many many months, and it's not like there isn't space for them in the shop. I hate to compare us alteil to jp, but if I recall, they had a really large list of items to purchase from their shop. At the very least, there's no reason to get rid of the beginner pack before a new one is made, there should ALWAYS be the option to purchase A beginner pack of some sort.


I agree with this 100%. I really don't understand why such good events to boost the playability of the game are just limited. You already had the first test run as well, so.. well.. why?
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby Multi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 pm

This is also kinda off topic but, why is the starter switcher 500gran?

You can effectively "starter switch" just by making a new account. I know you get 1 freebie, but considering for 1000gran you can keep your starter and get a whole new one with cards that aren't shielded, you'd be a right idiot to ever buy a starter switcher instead of a full starter.

With the starter switcher, you'd be paying 500gran to gain a total sum of 0 new cards, because you're trading your old ones away. I always thought the switcher was meant to be 500FM instead of gran, it makes a lot more sense, or it could have a dual value like avatars.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Didn't lupos say the switchers and the starters actually sell? It's for people with cash!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby Logress » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 am

This round of the Beginner's Packs are coming to a close! They will return, but with a different selection of cards, so if you like what you see in this beginner's pack, better get 'em while you can!

Beginner's Packs include 45 key cards for $5. That's almost as good a deal as the lottery, except with a tight card pool you are guaranteed to get 2-3 copies of each card. That means after buying one, you'll have new units and grims to add to your Card File immediately!

The card list can be found here.
http://www.alteil.com/index.php/compone ... urn-friday
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress
 
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby imortal12233 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Logress wrote:except with a tight card pool you are guaranteed to get 2-3 copies of each card.


I got a beginner pack on my gowen starter alt.. had 3 units I was looking for and 1 grim. didn't get the grim, and only got 1 copy of each unit.... (got 3 copies of bunch of other units I didn't need though). got 2 copies of another grim which I wasn't looking for..
is it possible to get more unlucky with these packs...?
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:41 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm

You could have not gotten a copy of those units ^^
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby Multi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Logress wrote:This round of the Beginner's Packs are coming to a close! They will return, but with a different selection of cards, so if you like what you see in this beginner's pack, better get 'em while you can!

Beginner's Packs include 45 key cards for $5. That's almost as good a deal as the lottery, except with a tight card pool you are guaranteed to get 2-3 copies of each card. That means after buying one, you'll have new units and grims to add to your Card File immediately!

The card list can be found here.
http://www.alteil.com/index.php/compone ... urn-friday


Hey Logress, how come you COMPLETELY sidestepped the relevant question on why these packs are made limited and just made another "infomerciall" sounding post? I have nothing to say if you're discontinuing this pack and immediately listing a new pack up for sale, but if there is another drought of no beginner pack, I can't help but want an answer as to why you guys would do something so contrary to the spirit of beginner packs. Beginners joining during the drought end up just being SOL.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 pm

I agree with Multi.. I really see no reason to remove the Beginner pack when its so helpful and key to new players.. unless you have a new one coming really soon. The game can't afford having another drought for a few months of no beginner packs..

I'd really appreciate a reasoning for this..

Dun make me come down there to find out :p


Speaking of which, whatever happened to those gold boxes and packs :/ the gold box drought is just as bad..
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Next

Return to Castle Folrart

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest