Beginner's Packs End Friday

Official News and Announcements

Re: Beginner's Packs End Friday

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:37 pm

azurewrath wrote:You forgot about weekly gran! If your name is imortal, you can get 200 gran a week xD. I normally average around 20-30 myself >.<

Doesn't matter my math proves that it can be done with out using money or even playing for weekly gran. All you need is MM and a few minutes of you life for a good thing.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Zinc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:15 is certainly doable and takes one day to reach...

And once again, money.

Yes but that requires the player be able to do the 15 gran MM there are a large number of players who cannot which means it is out of there reach anyway why the heck are you arguing against them making beginners pack's a permanent function?
Bones Brothers an Altiel Webcomic http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=17&t=4707
Because sometimes no matter what you do your still gonna die.
Zinc

Postby imortal12233 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Zinc wrote:

And once again, money.

Yes but that requires the player be able to do the 15 gran MM there are a large number of players who cannot which means it is out of there reach anyway why the heck are you arguing against them making beginners pack's a permanent function?

players should have no trouble doing the 10 gran one. and even though it takes a bit longer, it is still an effective way to get the 500 gran.
not arguing against them making beginner's packs a permanent function (I would prefer that, with only changing the pack every couple of weeks/months), just against you saying it's impossible to get the 500 gran within a reasonable time span.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:
Multi wrote:Is there any reason beginner packs have to be limited? I know this was asked a buncha times before but I don't remember there ever being any answer.

We get new beginners all the time I assume, but if they're unfortunate enough to miss out on these, then for a period of 1-6 months beginners are just SOL. Why not make these available permanently as Beginner set 1, Beginner set 2, etc. They're shielded cards anyways and limited to 1*'s only, so I don't see how it'd be a big deal. If they play long enough [months], they'll eventually get those cards from lotto anyways.

It's not like these sets get made very often either, this was the 2nd one in many many months, and it's not like there isn't space for them in the shop. I hate to compare us alteil to jp, but if I recall, they had a really large list of items to purchase from their shop. At the very least, there's no reason to get rid of the beginner pack before a new one is made, there should ALWAYS be the option to purchase A beginner pack of some sort.

I agree with this 100%. I really don't understand why such good events to boost the playability of the game are just limited. You already had the first test run as well, so.. well.. why?

Yep, i'm not supporting permanent beginner packs at all, right? *sarcasm*

not arguing against them making beginner's packs a permanent function (I would prefer that, with only changing the pack every couple of weeks/months), just against you saying it's impossible to get the 500 gran within a reasonable time span.

I share this view on the issue.

Also, why are you targeting me with your comments, hm? Everyone else gave things like calculations, but you ignored them and just tried to target me. I don't appreciate that. There a reason for it?
luckysvn777

Postby Zinc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:38 pm

imortal12233 wrote:
Zinc wrote:

And once again, money.

players should have no trouble doing the 10 gran one. and even though it takes a bit longer, it is still an effective way to get the 500 gran.

If your a beginner that can only do the 10 Gran MM it is since you will only get 360 gran in the 36 days even with the weekly gran that is just 430 so unless you get really lucky in crest as a true beginner your not gonna get the 500 gran necessary.
Bones Brothers an Altiel Webcomic http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=17&t=4707
Zinc

Postby imortal12233 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Zinc wrote:If your a beginner that can only do the 10 Gran MM it is since you will only get 360 gran in the 36 days even with the weekly gran that is just 430 so unless you get really lucky in crest as a true beginner your not gonna get the 500 gran necessary.

if you can't use your starter cards alone to win at least some games in crest, then you wouldn't be able to win even with extra cards in folrart.
if you can win in crest at all, you level up and get some extra gran from recycling cards you do not need. which gives you the 70 gran needed.
imortal12233

Postby Zinc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:59 pm

imortal12233 wrote:
Zinc wrote:If your a beginner that can only do the 10 Gran MM it is since you will only get 360 gran in the 36 days even with the weekly gran that is just 430 so unless you get really lucky in crest as a true beginner your not gonna get the 500 gran necessary.

if you can't use your starter cards alone to win at least some games in crest, then you wouldn't be able to win even with extra cards in folrart.
if you can win in crest at all, you level up and get some extra gran from recycling cards you do not need. which gives you the 70 gran needed.

My math was off you would actually need to win 100 gran from crest and your not gonna do that before you level out and start getting your **** kicked in folart I should know I had an 80% win ratio in Crest and even than only got about 30 total gran from rankings.

as for selling your cards you get from level up well if you do that your basically trading a sinking raft for a raft that is sinking slightly faster since the cards you would need to sell would be either 7 2 stars or 2 3 stars and well you really do need those coming out of crest if your to get any wins.
Zinc

Postby imortal12233 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Zinc wrote:
imortal12233 wrote:

My math was off you would actually need to win 100 gran from crest and your not gonna do that before you level out and start getting your **** kicked in folart I should know I had an 80% win ratio in Crest and even than only got about 30 total gran from rankings.

as for selling your cards you get from level up well if you do that your basically trading a sinking raft for a raft that is sinking slightly faster since the cards you would need to sell would be either 7 2 stars or 2 3 stars and well you really do need those coming out of crest if your to get any wins.

I got it through crest, a bit of folrart, MM, and recycling in 2 weeks on my alt. it is definitely, especially since, playing on a free account, many of the lvlup choices were just bad for on sphere, so I had to choose most valuable one and recycle.
with each lvl being at least 10 gran in recycle value, by lvl 15 there is enough gran (when adding the MM and weekly equation).
imortal12233

Postby azurewrath » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:24 pm

If you are mentally unable to do intermediate 4*, then you have much more problems than not being able to compete in Alteil. Just saying :?
azurewrath

Postby imortal12233 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 pm

azurewrath wrote:If you are mentally unable to do intermediate 4*, then you have much more problems than not being able to compete in Alteil. Just saying :?

I have to disagree to that, it can be hard to remember cards by their art, when you have never seen those cards before.
I usually play intermidiate 3* or beginner 4* due to laziness.
imortal12233

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart