FM LOTTERY FRIDAY

Official News and Announcements

Re: FM LOTTERY FRIDAY

Postby Zinc » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:
Still good though, considering how now FM can effectively transform into playable cards much faster, (100 FM for a 1 star, as opposed to the 25000 FM for a 1 star through point cards).

However, its transforming 100 FM into 1 star cards the new player already has, for the most part. There are a few cards that would be nice to get a few more copies of that the starter has only 1 of, and getting assassin is always good. But for the most part, its not expanding the starters at all. The only thing its really any good for is getting players a base in the other spheres, which is a good thing, but isn't going to help them in Folrart.

That being said, i'll probably partake in it if it has FireStorm Wyvern and Flanking Attack, assuming decent rates, as i do not have playsets of those yet :D Totally didn't realize that until now.

But for some reason, it sounds like not even the 3* grims will be included >.>

Really? how about all those gowen that need 2 more firearrows? or the lawtia that need any number of there 1 stars that they need to make there decks workable?

1 star starter cards for 100 FM would be immensely useful in keeping new players.
Bones Brothers an Altiel Webcomic http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=17&t=4707
Because sometimes no matter what you do your still gonna die.
Zinc

Postby imortal12233 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Zinc wrote:how about all those gowen that need 2 more firearrows?

yes :D, main things I want for my alt from this are third kurina and 3rd fire arrow.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey I skimmed through here and still don't get it. Did they announce what cards are going to be in this lotto?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Really? how about all those gowen that need 2 more firearrows? or the lawtia that need any number of there 1 stars that they need to make there decks workable?

1 star starter cards for 100 FM would be immensely useful in keeping new players.

I said there was some help in it. However, its still not letting you expand the starter past that.. I'll just have to wait and see what the actual cardpool is, but right now it seems more like a tool to get access to other spheres than improve your own outside of getting a few more grims. Its nice for sin and that, yes. But I do feel like it could be more as well.
luckysvn777

Postby harvest4god » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:

I said there was some help in it. However, its still not letting you expand the starter past that.. I'll just have to wait and see what the actual cardpool is, but right now it seems more like a tool to get access to other spheres than improve your own outside of getting a few more grims. Its nice for sin and that, yes. But I do feel like it could be more as well.

Yes, this would give people the chance to get all the spheres starters eventually with buying.
harvest4god

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm

I think i'll clarify my opinion a bit more. Yes this is great to encourage playing all spheres, which is something the game lacked. Yes this is great for getting the remaining copies of cards in your starter. I just wish that there would be more cards besides the starter cards in there to further expand the starters as well. Heck, even using a cardpool of all three starters for each sphere would be sufficient, so i hope that's what happens.. but based on the 3* list, that's not likely.

Especially since beginner packs have left.. honestly the combination of FM lotto and beginner packs would have been great.
luckysvn777

Postby Logress » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:24 pm

For now we're just going to include the present starters to keep the card-pool at a good number. We'll expand it as the total number of cards increases.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Spears » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Logress wrote:For now we're just going to include the present starters to keep the card-pool at a good number. We'll expand it as the total number of cards increases.

I support this over including all the starters for the moment. Looking at my set one lawtia starter the only cards i think might fit into the current lawtia starter are lebeau, elite crest, counterattack and mad priest possibly lillith. both mad priest and counterattack are fairly tricky to use effectively. Imagine being a starting player (who lets face it this is more geared towards, maybe some free players too) and just pulling out girl spirits castle wights or bear killing axemen.
Spears

Postby Gota » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:45 pm

So it sounds like pulling a dalos, kurina, femiel, or safira will be like pulling a 5 star from the lotto Lol.
Then you have to worry about pulling the right one for your starter, GL free players!

Look! I just pulled my 3rd dalos!!!11!1 (major celebration) :lol:
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Multi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Spears wrote:
Logress wrote:For now we're just going to include the present starters to keep the card-pool at a good number. We'll expand it as the total number of cards increases.

I support this over including all the starters for the moment. Looking at my set one lawtia starter the only cards i think might fit into the current lawtia starter are lebeau, elite crest, counterattack and mad priest possibly lillith. both mad priest and counterattack are fairly tricky to use effectively. Imagine being a starting player (who lets face it this is more geared towards, maybe some free players too) and just pulling out girl spirits castle wights or bear killing axemen.

Hey now, logress said castle wight is a good card. That's why it was included with the last ex lawtia set :V
Plus, when you say "only" cards from set 1-3 that might be useful, you list pretty much half the cards.

I personally would've liked to have all sets involved, considering that the 2* and 3* rates are supposedly going to be comparable to 4* and 5* rates from regular lotto. If the card pool is only for the newest set, you're going to be dealing with 4th copies for a loooooooooooooooooong time and you might even be better off buying point cards instead.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart