Mirage Master FM ending

Official News and Announcements

Mirage Master FM ending

Postby Logress » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:26 am

We regret to inform everyone that Mirage Master will no longer be giving out FM, at least for now. We will remove the FM option on Friday when we launch the FM Lottery.

The GM's have been spending way too much time tracking down botters lately, and it's making it nearly impossible to get everything done, especially since we're short handed. Until we have a better solution, Mirage Master will no longer give out FM. We will of course be working on bringing Napoleon to replace it (a more recently created and more secure program), but that won't be for at least a month or two.

I know it sounds harsh. Why take away something from everyone just because a few cheaters are going nuts? Are they really hurting anyone? Well, if you want to know who's hurting take a look at the forum threads about the MM server lagging making impossible for some users to get their free daily gran. Or think about this: Let's say someone comes up with a Meta deck that's simple to play. It's harvesting wins pretty quick. A cheater sees this, quickly writes down all the cards in the deck, and then bots for FM. He turns that FM into point cards, and the point cards into the cards he needs. A thousand times faster then even a paying player can put together these cards, the cheater has done it. But there isn't just one cheater, there are quite a few. And all of a sudden, it seems like every single battle in Folrart is with this same deck.

We won't be removing the Point Card option from the shop, but that's mostly so that users who have stockpiled FM legitimately don't have to panic and spend it. We understand that it's usefulness has become even less. At least everyone will have a much better use for the FM they get from battles with the FM Lottery coming out.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Mirage Master FM ending

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 am

Yea saw this coming but aw well i get FM the old fashion way.... pwning noobs with my meta deck :D
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby garcia1000 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:59 am

Great decision! ;th2
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby TLHM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:26 pm

sounds good to me :D
TLHM

Postby Xovian » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:58 pm

I concur as well, if botting was a problem, this is the simplest way to resolve it, besides very few legitimate players would even consider grinding MM for FM to begin with.
Time management alone says too little gain for too little reward.

So as they say, "works for me"!
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby SakuraHime » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Okay, so I guess this means if I want the spring background using only FM from MM, I have to cram the FM I was planning on getting over the weekend before Friday...
SakuraHime

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Yup and don't make it sound that what they doing is awful, what players being doing is not only awful but against the T&C and the source of lag many times.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby harvest4god » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:50 pm

I have played this game over a year and have never played MM for FM. So I don't see a problem.
harvest4god

Postby Lateralus923 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks for crackin the whip!!

Sometimes the harsh solution is the best one!
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby imortal12233 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

MM gave FM? since when? :D.
now seriously, can anyone truthfully say they have played MM for FM more than maybe once or twice? (without using bots)
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Next

Return to Castle Folrart