RP Arena News

Official News and Announcements

RP Arena News

Postby Logress » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:28 am

As many of you know, we've been tossing around the idea of an RP Arena for a while. I have posted on these forums several times that if we added another Arena I'd want an RP one, and also that this summer would be a good time. Ironically, just as we brought up the idea again to Japan, we found out that Japan is eliminating its own RP servers! Apparently, there's been too many problems with powerful Iczers lowering their RP on purpose, and then going into the lower RP arena to streak for treasure battles, weekly gran, or just for the satisfaction of racking up easy wins. A former US Iczer who wrote a bunch of strategy guides for these forums warned me of the same thing last summer, so I'm worried. The Japanese are going to come up with a solution on their end, maybe write some new code to change the rules for RP or RP arenas to make this kind of thing more difficult or less rewarding. We're going to have to wait and see what they do for now.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: RP Arena News

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks for the update!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 am

awwww :(

Oh well.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:04 pm

LOL didn't want to say this but I was gonna abuse the RP Arena!!! :twisted:
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby bob000 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Problem: People sandbag so they can get streaks in low rp arena and get more tb.
Solution:Keep track of where wins are earned. Make the increase in treasure battle rate for a streak in the low rp arena less than one for the high rp arena.
bob000

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 pm

NOOO the abusablilty (yes I made up this word) gone :o

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Lateralus923 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm

What if we promise not to do that??? ;a33

In all seriousness though, thanks for the update! :)

@ bob, I considered that at first too, but that would only further punish those with low rp in terms of treasure battles... I do, however, like the idea of tracking. Surely there is a way to monitor a 400 RP drop in 1 day / 20 game losing streak... if lupos' watchdog program could include this, they could make it so intentionally dropping to <1550 arena would yield no TB until they get back...
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:21 pm

How about a low win % arena? To enter, you need under 40%.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Lateralus923 wrote:What if we promise not to do that??? ;a33

In all seriousness though, thanks for the update! :)

@ bob, I considered that at first too, but that would only further punish those with low rp in terms of treasure battles... I do, however, like the idea of tracking. Surely there is a way to monitor a 400 RP drop in 1 day / 20 game losing streak... if lupos' watchdog program could include this, they could make it so intentionally dropping to <1550 arena would yield no TB until they get back...

But what if your playing a fun deck and you drop a lot like you know Carbuncles.

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Lateralus923 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:45 pm

@ GOSCAR, I completely understand the room for error in this sort of tracking... I am not sure there is a clear solution... trying to think of a way to accurately track those who intentionally dump RP, but its not clear. I have a tendency to swing 100-200 RP if I'm trying a deck that doesn't really work.

I dunno, maybe TB shouldn't rely on streaks, that would fix it.

I know that brings up the concern of people cycling battles until it's a TB but they could add the requirement that TB can only happen if each Izcer's previous battle was 10 rounds or longer.
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Next

Return to Castle Folrart