RP Arena News

Official News and Announcements

Re: RP Arena News

Postby Politikas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Problem solved, and all noobs and lower skill players just ragequits the game, because even they dreams about getting lots of gran in the end of week, and this kills that dream.
Politikas

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Politikas wrote:Problem solved, and all noobs and lower skill players just ragequits the game, because even they dreams about getting lots of gran in the end of week, and this kills that dream.

Nobody is making them play in the 1550 arena.

Besides, any player that is pulling "lots" of gran from weekly matches is decent enough to play in folrart. The rediculously small amount of gran you get per win is literally 2 cents. Anyone quits over this and I'll smack them with a fish.

The most insane players on the server rarely hit 300 points in a week. That much effort is HALF of an hour's work AT MINIMUM WAGE.

This is a great solution.
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Politikas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:32 pm

"Nobody is making them play in the 1550 arena.", so who will play in it, if not new players and lower skill players? You are loosing your grip on reality my dear friend.
Politikas

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Politikas wrote:"Nobody is making them play in the 1550 arena.", so who will play in it, if not new players and lower skill players? You are loosing your grip on reality my dear friend.

I'm saying that competitive players looking for "lots of gran" per week from victories are gonna play in folrart. The 1550 arena is for people starting out or people looking for more casual play.

There are 2 options:

Don't give them an arena, they'll continue to get curb stomped in folrart, and quit.

Provide the optional 1550 arena. They have a casual arena where they can have more fun, win some matches, level up, and again: HAVE FUN.

It's not like these 1450 RP players are currently winning weekly gran by the truckload, getting big streaks, or beating the high streak guys for the TBs as it stands.

Please don't resort to attacks on my sanity, that solves nothing...
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Serious question, outside of like maybe worthing and imortal, do people really grind for gran from wins in order to seriously try to get cards? Isn't that almost a hopeless venture? You grind hardcore and get maybe a pack a week... with the way the RNG works, is this really a realistic method of getting cards?

I know people do rest their hopes on this, but really, I have a hard time imagining most people do this seriously to try to get more cards. It requires so much time and effort for almost no gain! As far as I'm concerned, to really get lots of cards (especially playsets), you need to pay.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Otonashi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:50 pm

I settle for MM gran, but that's only because I can do the higher difficulties. I imagine grinding is a valid option for others, as long as they win at least 40% of their games. (It would be 33% to break even, but really, nobody grinds just to break even.)

Although, I really need to train myself to save for packs instead of dump it on the lotto. The lotto is such a waste.
Otonashi

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:54 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Serious question, outside of like maybe worthing and imortal, do people really grind for gran from wins in order to seriously try to get cards? Isn't that almost a hopeless venture? You grind hardcore and get maybe a pack a week... with the way the RNG works, is this really a realistic method of getting cards?

I know people do rest their hopes on this, but really, I have a hard time imagining most people do this seriously to try to get more cards. It requires so much time and effort for almost no gain! As far as I'm concerned, to really get lots of cards (especially playsets), you need to pay.

If anyone seriously plays matches specifically for gran, I feel for them. It equates to roughly $0.08 an hour assuming you win every match and win quickly.

I say: GET A JOB! :lol:
Lateralus923

Postby Politikas » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:56 pm

You are having problems with human nature. 1450 player has a hope of winning great streak, and getting lots of gran, and hope is what we need, In 1550 arena they wouyld have even more hope (not a real chance, but hope, so they would play more, and if you play more, you might want to to spend money on the game, thats the whole idea.
What Pera is proposing, ans you are advocating without even thinking it over is just training arena with FM, what will be empty most of the time because of steep RP requirements, and will get population only then someone needs to grind FM.

You and Pera have same problem in common - tunel vision "I would like it, that means everyone will". I personaly don't like the idea of 1550 arena, as JP showed it beeing too abusable, and even they could think of good solution in all the years they had it, and now they are closing it down. Lets look at facts:
1. We don't have players to populate more arenas, sad but true
2. All wonder ideas we get will get ignored, if you don't believe, look at then was last time GMs used Kurinas poll room, they just don't care.
3. 1550 is too abusable in its current form. Email logress or any of JP GMs if you don't believe me.
4. This discusion is pointless and I keep it up just because your so called "ideas" hurts my common sense Lateralus (Pera, well, we all know Pera, he is lost cause :D).
5. This topic should be closed.
Politikas

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:03 pm

*sigh*

@politikas

You are not paying attention. The current situation is worse than the one peral proposed for low rp guys. if they want that "hope" - they are free to play in folrart... like they do now.

This is an OPTION. The 1550 arena would still give EXP, just not gran. It's trying to keep the vultures out, and provide a casual arena...

READ POSTS BEFORE LAMBASTING THEM.

BTW, Nobody is gonna lock a topic cause you don't like someones ideas...
Lateralus923

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Politikas wrote:"Nobody is making them play in the 1550 arena.", so who will play in it, if not new players and lower skill players? You are loosing your grip on reality my dear friend.

Really troubled people that don't gain gran anyway from weekly rankings, which is a huge part of the community.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart