New GM: Caelus

Official News and Announcements

New GM: Caelus

Postby Logress » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Alright, there's a new sheriff... I mean GM... in town, and his name is Caelus. Which I think is a Roman wind god? Anyway, he'll be starting out in Crest and working his way up, so go easy on him, okay? Seriously though, he's pretty knowledgable so if you're a new user don't hesitate to ask him any questions if you see him in training or Crest.

And, if you notice on the main page on the left, there is a 'GMs Online' gizmo, so if you're wondering if Caelus is online, you can check easily.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: New GM: Caelus

Postby Lateralus923 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Welcome Caelus! :)

Does Caelus have a specific defined role within the staff or just general assistance? Just curious!
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby neviscus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Heres a bug welcome from me as well. Should be a great help. Glad to see things are turning around.
neviscus

Postby Noria » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Welcome on board Caelus.

Caelus is like one of the most OP cards in Urban Rivals, did you play that TCG before or just accidently picked up that name somewhere else? ;)
Noria

Postby Otonashi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Caelus has roots in Roman mythology I think. I'm not sure exactly what though, something to do with the sky. They probably both took it from there.
Otonashi

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:57 pm

Caelus, also known as Coelus, was the literary personification of the sky in Roman mythology and Latin poetry, from the Latin word for "sky", caelum. The Roman sky god, to whom cult was due, was Jupiter. Caelus was equated by Hellenized Romans with the Greek god of the heavens, Uranus, who was vastly more important to the Greeks than Caelus was to the Romans.

In the Roman adaptation of Greek mythology, Caelus was, by marriage to Tellus (Greek: Gaia), the father of Saturn (Greek: Cronus), Ops (Greek: Rhea), Oceanus, and the other Titans, as well as the Gigantes. Alone, Caelus was the father of Venus (Greek: Aphrodite).

Caelus is often associated with the sign of the zodiac, Aquarius.

The Roman Caelus (or Caelum) is simply a translation of the Greek Uranus or Ouranos (Οὐρανός), not the name of a distinct national divinity. There is no evidence of the existence of a cult of Caelus, though the name occurs in dedicatory inscriptions, due to Oriental influences; the worship of the sky being closely connected with that of Mithras. Caelus is sometimes associated with Terra, represented in sculptural art as an old, bearded man holding a robe billowing over his head in the form of an arch, a conventional sign of deity.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby lupos » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:54 pm

thank you garciapedia

You'd think these people have never heard of the internet before. ;)

Caelus is a GM and forum mod. He's in charge of being caelus, the GM/Mod. Also just being generally helpful and useful.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Lateralus923 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:46 am

lupos wrote:Caelus is a GM and forum mod. He's in charge of being caelus, the GM/Mod.

:lol: good enough for me!

lupos wrote:Also just being generally helpful and useful.

this is just icing on the cake!
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:23 am

Hi and welcome!

It's cool you get to play games for your job.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:17 am

lupos wrote:thank you garciapedia

You'd think these people have never heard of the internet before. ;)

Caelus is a GM and forum mod. He's in charge of being caelus, the GM/Mod. Also just being generally helpful and useful.

I'm so calling garcia that now. Sorry garciapedia ^^

Welcome new GM. Come say hi. We don't bite much, unless you talk about Falkow ^^
luckysvn777

Next

Return to Castle Folrart