New GM: Caelus

Official News and Announcements

Re: New GM: Caelus

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

I thought Matee was south american.

Unless you mean Matee from tgwtg, in which case he was indian.
LoneKnight

Postby George911 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Since you have a forum topic and a news post announcing your entrance as a GM in alteil, it itches me to ask again what exactly your role as a GM is, this time i'd like to see a more detailed and informative post. Thank you in advance.
- the care police
George911

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:27 pm

"george"

how many times are you planning on asking this? he is new to the team and i might stand corrected is a computer programmer by trade (by what i gathered in our chat session during alteil). With the loss of 3 team members in under a quarter of a year i am sure he is making do the best as he can to fill i the gaps. i doubt there is a union decree describing what he can and cannot do. Just calm down until things settle abit.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:52 pm

^ he asked once, but let's all make Mr. George calm down with few nails, some bricks, some sticks and a bazooka! Never can be sure enough he is calmed down, so let's run a train over him afterwards.

Welcome Caelus, i am sure your presence is needed anyway to fill in at least partly for GMs that have recently quit. I am starting to not know people around here anymore. o.o
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Logress » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 am

Sorry I was too busy preparing for my trip to answer this question last week. Simply speaking, we thought we could actually use a GM who specialized in, you know, _playing_, to give us a better user-point of view and to also better be able to answer other user's questions about surviving in Folrart. Hopefully, once he's institutionalized a bit more, he'll be your go-to guy for deck building and strategy PM's. Also, maybe in the future he might be able to do a contest like Arakis does and I csquared used to.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:13 am

Logress wrote:Sorry I was too busy preparing for my trip to answer this question last week. Simply speaking, we thought we could actually use a GM who specialized in, you know, _playing_, to give us a better user-point of view and to also better be able to answer other user's questions about surviving in Folrart. Hopefully, once he's institutionalized a bit more, he'll be your go-to guy for deck building and strategy PM's. Also, maybe in the future he might be able to do a contest like Arakis does and I csquared used to.

Logress, I think this is great to have a GM that specializes in playing and understanding the player experience, but he won't get a truely realistic player perspective when he's got full access to the cards.

Make him dip into his paycheck for gran to get the real perspective. Free players vs Big Refess - he won't ever experience that. The fact that you have to grind meta decks to get and win TB's, that doesn't matter (Playing fun decks ultimately doesn't pay off.) Trying (in vain) to get 3x of a card...

That's the true player perspective.

Anyways - welcome back! :)
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 am

Playing all 4 starters from 0 and trying your best with those is enough. Also this seems to be canis, which was a temp GM with a testing period and i guess now he got a name change for being a permanent GM? He said he wants to study computer programing and such, maybe that's where all the rumors came from he is the new programer in the us alteil team?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Gota » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Lateralus923 wrote:
Logress wrote:Sorry I was too busy preparing for my trip to answer this question last week. Simply speaking, we thought we could actually use a GM who specialized in, you know, _playing_, to give us a better user-point of view and to also better be able to answer other user's questions about surviving in Folrart. Hopefully, once he's institutionalized a bit more, he'll be your go-to guy for deck building and strategy PM's. Also, maybe in the future he might be able to do a contest like Arakis does and I csquared used to.

Logress, I think this is great to have a GM that specializes in playing and understanding the player experience, but he won't get a truely realistic player perspective when he's got full access to the cards.

Make him dip into his paycheck for gran to get the real perspective. Free players vs Big Refess - he won't ever experience that. The fact that you have to grind meta decks to get and win TB's, that doesn't matter (Playing fun decks ultimately doesn't pay off.) Trying (in vain) to get 3x of a card...

That's the true player perspective.

Anyways - welcome back! :)

If it was so, then they wouldn't need to name him a GM.

I'd say like give him 2000-3000 free gran per month to spend. (like his allowance per month of 20$-30$) that way he can get the player experience. But then I don't know if that will justify him dropping 3 star cards for us. Maybe if he play enough, he can drop random 2 star cards for us?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby methebest » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:44 pm

i sugested something like gota said on pancakes hit against arakis thread lol id say if they did it start with droping 1*'s for a while then 2*s and when hes ddoing really good 3*s
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:00 pm

So does this mean Caelus does NOT have access to all the cards off the get go? Because that's a big part of the 'player' experience.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart