August Errata

Official News and Announcements

Re: August Errata

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:03 am

DevilDreamer, try playing a few games using that deck after the errata. You're discover it is quite unplayable now. The serpent needs the HP because it needs several turns unkilled or heavy support before it's effective, and 60 HP doesn't allow for that.
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: August Errata

Postby George911 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:31 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
George911 wrote:I can do this 100 times better.

I think you're demongod.

Last time i checked i was myself.

Also that was stated just as a fact, not trying to fight.
- the care police
George911
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Re: August Errata

Postby tropireno » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:50 pm

I don't like how Aura got turned from a card that's OP when used on True Retear into a situational card that's OP when used on True Retear. This is simply just punishing people who don't intend to use it on True Retear/Star Dragon, while not solving the problem of Aura+Retear.
I would have liked a simple level limit for it. Using it on weaker units like Guardian is still very useful, while not being too much of a problem to the opponent.

Also, I am not happy with the Falkow Errattas. Less hp doesn't stop Bog from dominating the field, or stop Fencer from making 4AGI's useless.
tropireno
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: August Errata

Postby Lateralus923 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:24 pm

George911 wrote:(I can do this 100 times better).

Also that was stated just as a fact, not trying to fight.


Don't be rediculous. Facts are not subject to bias.

Or are you planning on releasing your own version of Alteil... with blackjack... and h00kers? ;)
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
User avatar
Lateralus923
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am

Re: August Errata

Postby DevilDreamer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 pm

garcia1000 wrote:DevilDreamer, try playing a few games using that deck after the errata. You're discover it is quite unplayable now. The serpent needs the HP because it needs several turns unkilled or heavy support before it's effective, and 60 HP doesn't allow for that.


Tried playing him together with Rasam/GAT/Mirror shield soldier/Femiel against my friend in training area, hadn't given any info about what kind of deck I was using. The result? He was still usable in my books. He definitely did go out on me quicker because of his 60 HP, but even so he still delivered that heavy damage on the field on time with Rasam's help. If he is put on the field with weaker support, then I do understand he will die even quicker, but that just means he isn't something you can put on the field alone anymore; you need to build up that support for him first.
Life is ALL about wolves~ :3
----------------------------------------
Oh, hello Gowen rush-user, look what I've got! *Goes Cyclone on opponent's ***** And I've also brought my friends Sea Serpent and Rasam with me! :>
User avatar
DevilDreamer
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Finland

Re: August Errata

Postby Otonashi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:03 pm

I don't know why people were expecting Sea Serpent to be a standalone unit anyways.
User avatar
Otonashi
 
Posts: 2438
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 am

Re: August Errata

Postby DevilDreamer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Otonashi wrote:I don't know why people were expecting Sea Serpent to be a standalone unit anyways.


I'm wondering the same thing... I didn't see him as a standalone unit to begin with, the action skill was far too unreliable on its own (And using undines just usually made him turn into a punching bag, nothing more).
Life is ALL about wolves~ :3
----------------------------------------
Oh, hello Gowen rush-user, look what I've got! *Goes Cyclone on opponent's ***** And I've also brought my friends Sea Serpent and Rasam with me! :>
User avatar
DevilDreamer
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Finland

Re: August Errata

Postby Cytrik » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Although I'm not a huge fan of Serp, I do think the HP drop may have been a bit much. I would have perfered that the Action only damage one unit though. Hitting two units seemed a little foolish to me.

Aura is still OP regardless. Almost no one plays a file with units of level 3 and below. I only have 2 files like that, and one has failed many times and the other still has a bunc of bugs in it. Still, nothing a little Fruit can't cure. A small fix is not an issue.
Paper is sorta OP... Scissors are getting sharper. ~Rock
"Based off of Alteil Errata 5/27/11."
User avatar
Cytrik
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Re: August Errata

Postby hat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:10 pm

serp needs 70 hp.
bog could use 80 or 90.
mirelia, idk. 60? 50?

EF is ok. However, much better if the start skill was nerfed and hp stayed at 60, agi 2.

Return is not ok.
Proposal: Return. Condition you return an enemy lvl 3, you get -1 sp next turn.
AquasFire : im not cool im weird

rsvlito : im wierd so thats cool

worthing : u scarred half the azn population away hat.....i now give u the title godzilla
User avatar
hat
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Re: August Errata

Postby DevilDreamer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm

I think Serp/Bog/Mirelai is fine the way it is now, and many thinks they're now useless. Sigh, errata and its aftermaths... there's no pleasing to the players of Alteil, EVER.

First you say EF is ok, but then you start saying "She needed to be changed this way and that should stay" ?? That's just... whut? Make up your mind. ._.'

And about Return: Yeah, it's not ok, even I admit it as a Falkow player. BUT Return's been around since set 1, and wasn't touched even in this major errata. If it wasn't touched now, then it won't be touched in the near future either. Not unless there is introduced a grimoire in set 8 that is the opposite version of Miracle Fruit, giving Falkow even more field control possibilities (Boy, wouldn't that cause an uproar...).
Life is ALL about wolves~ :3
----------------------------------------
Oh, hello Gowen rush-user, look what I've got! *Goes Cyclone on opponent's ***** And I've also brought my friends Sea Serpent and Rasam with me! :>
User avatar
DevilDreamer
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 am
Location: Finland

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest