Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

Official News and Announcements

Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

Postby Logress » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 am

Summer Champion Tourney

We've got a slew of big events coming for the end of the Summer, and here are the first two. Something for our top players, and something for everyone.

SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIP August 22-24, Gran Entry fee, Sealed Card File, choose your own card prizes

MISSION EVENT: TREASURE IN THE RUINS, August 27-September 3rd, Increased chance of Treasure Battle and High Rarity Cards for all Iczers

Also, we're going to be at PENNY ARCADE EXPO, and we'll have some surprises for anyone who stops by the booth.

I'll have full event details tomorrow, but for now here's a quick run down.

Our Summer Championship is a tournament based on Win % with a minimum number of battles to qualify. We learned a lot from holding our Summer Fun tournament, and we definitely will do more free tournaments, maybe once a month. Of course, there is plenty of stuff we want to change next time around, as well. For now, we're going to see the response on something completely different. The Championship will have a Gran entry fee, so my guess is we'll only have our top players, however it's going to be a Sealed Card File, so that will level the playing field a little. And don't worry, the prizes will be worth it and will definitely include some"any card you want" prizes.

A Mission Event is pretty simple, for a limited time anyone who plays in either the Folrart or Crest arenas will have an increased chance of a Treasure Battle, and when you do get one, it'll have a better chance of being a higher rarity card. As a bonus this should keep the arenas nice and full, so you'll have no trouble finding plenty of opponents.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

Postby erestor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:15 am

probebly wont do the tournement but i will do the mission most definitly
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:33 am

The mission event...I'm assuming this is an experiment to see the differences between when its in effect and when its not. I hope it exceeds expectations.

I'm sure there will be a number put on this later, but from what it sounds like the gran entry fee for the tournament is going to be somewhat high? You did say that you expected only top Iczers to be participating...perhaps its the ones that are willing to spend money? Or the top Iczers are top because they're willing to fork over the dough.

Just an observation
Romdeau

Postby erestor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:40 am

Proxy wrote:I'm sure there will be a number put on this later, but from what it sounds like the gran entry fee for the tournament is going to be somewhat high? You did say that you expected only top Iczers to be participating...perhaps its the ones that are willing to spend money? Or the top Iczers are top because they're willing to fork over the dough.

Just an observation

i think what he means by top is those that have been playing for a while and have some gran from playing MM and weeking ranking. then again i highly dought any newbies would be playing. it is like sending someone into enemy territory without basic training
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Ekin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:07 am

For the tournament, will we be keeping the cards we open in our sealed pool?
Ekin

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:03 am

Ekin wrote:For the tournament, will we be keeping the cards we open in our sealed pool?

IT says sealed in the description.
Candi

Postby lupos » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 am

The fee will not be very high. Compared to most other card game tournaments it might be surprisingly low. As for the card you open, no you don't keep them. They are just for the tournament. This way we can have the same sort of level playing field your used to in ccg tournaments without forcing you to buy a whole box just to be able to play.

And I believe the reason Logress doesn't assume we will have everyone participating in the tournament is because it's competitive and our user base is pretty split at the moment. With lots of newer people in crest and a few very hard core folk in Folart and not much in the middle. Though maybe some of you lower level guys will decide to join up once you see the entry fee. Who knows! ;)
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Wisp » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:40 pm

*waves spastically* I believe I qualify as someone in the middle!

I'm eager to read up the details on the tournament. If the gran fee isn't too high and since it's sealed, I might participate... then again it is a short event and on short notice too as I already have work tomorrow and plans for saturday, but we'll see.
Wisp

Postby Rhyas » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Wisp wrote:*waves spastically* I believe I qualify as someone in the middle!

I'm eager to read up the details on the tournament. If the gran fee isn't too high and since it's sealed, I might participate... then again it is a short event and on short notice too as I already have work tomorrow and plans for saturday, but we'll see.

I think you should Wisp! You are a great player ^_^
Rhyas
LVL 10 Iczer
1511/1511
Guild: Looking for a happy home ;-;
Rhyas

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:21 pm

I'd like to imagine that I have a possibility (however slim) of winning something from this tournament, but I already know the answer thanks to the previous tournament. Over the span of 3 days, several people played over one hundred games and won pretty regularly. That's ridiculous, I have all the time in the world during these lazy summer days and I never get to more than 10 games in one day. The prizes for that tournament also really pales in comparison to the "pick whatever card you want" reward. People will be all over this thing. I haven't decided whether or not I'll toss the gran yet just for some fun, but good luck to anyone participating-you're gonna need it.
Romdeau

Next

Return to Castle Folrart