Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

Official News and Announcements

Re: Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

Postby Logress » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Summer Championship Tournament
It's time for our first pay tournament! Here are the details....

Start Time: Friday morning after daily maintenance, usually around 6:15 AM EST

End Time: Monday early morning before daily maintenance, 6:00 AM EST

Entry Fee: 300 Gran

Type: Sealed Card File

Win conditions: Highest Win %, minimum 10 battles

Tie breakers: All ties will be broken based on Iczer's tournament battle records

Prizes:

1st: Any Rarity 5 card of your choice, Deep Squid Avatar

2nd: Any Rarity 4 card of your choice, Magic Doll Bikini Avatar

3rd: Any two Rarity 3 cards of your choice

30th: Any Rarity 3 card of your choice

Road to the Championship Award: All Iczers who duel at least 5 times for at least 3 minutes and 10 turns each will get 50 Gran

Sponsor Prizes:

Our parent company has donated 5 DVD's of their new Japanese Cult film, THE MACHINE GIRL, for us to give away as additional prizes to the top 5 qualifying players in the tournament. To qualify for physical prizes you must be 18 years or older and have a US mailing address.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Logress » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Don't worry about not having time for a zillion battles, it's win %, so once you get your qualifying ten battles done, then you can decide if you want to risk your win % by dueling any more. In this type of tournament, more is not always better.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Sounds really tempting with these new details out...argh 3 dollars potentially out the window! I'll be participating probably; I wonder what kind of cards I'll be playing with. Logress, are we being given a random box to construct a deck out of-or how many cards can we expect to be working with?
Romdeau

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:07 pm

more like 2.50 if you actually play :P (you get 50 gran back)

And it looks like you get a 3 star card also for entering so recycling that (pfft, you get choice!) and it's more like 2.20$, plus you can do MM tomorrow morning and reduce it to 2.10... plus any recent savings, it's more like 2$ by the time you are done factoring in things.

I am so in this thing!
Candi

Postby Wisp » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Well, I've just started playing Folrart and have yet to win... alright so that's like 3 games with a Refress deck, but still! xD I'm attempting to expand into Gowen now so I can actually make some progress...

With these rules, it sould like a nice event for all players. I'm not so fond of entry fees for events, but I know you're just trying to make it so only serious players enter to make it more challenging. I also love that it's win % with a closed deck! Helps those of us who do plan to have lives over the next few days! lol

I will most definatly play! ... but now that you've got me spending money, I'll most likely spend more than just $3! ^_^;
Wisp

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:48 pm

You know I feel really foolish, but I don't remember the name of an Iczer that just absolutely stomped on me as Refess. This person was lvl 20 and had a 85%+ win ratio with a 1910 RP. I was shocked, and not very surprised when I got rolled by this person. He/she also splashed some gowen with magic weapons and dryads to make those beefcakes hit hard while taking my mediocre Falkow hits with ease.

Does anyone know who I'm talking about? This person also has less than 100 games from when I played them this morning.

EDIT: I don't want to go too much into their strategy, but they did not build up to some whopping Dragonrider or something like that, even though I'm sure he could have if he wanted. It just wasn't necessary because I never had enough field position to save up for Vordore.
Romdeau

Postby slashzero » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Question: Is it only the 30th place that gets a card, or everyone from 4th to 30th?
slashzero

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:07 pm

slashzero wrote:Question: Is it only the 30th place that gets a card, or everyone from 4th to 30th?

Lol, that would be hilarious.
I hope it's 4th -> 30th...
Candi

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:22 pm

Some intense fighting amongst the 29-31 to see who can manipulate their winning % the best! That's a useful skill.. :roll:
Romdeau

Postby Wisp » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 pm

;attack Take that 31! No one's stealing my spot! MWAHAAHAA!! :twisted:

Yeah, that would be very interesting to see if it's only 30th. It makes it more of a random consolation prize... though I doubt you'd get quite the same bragging rights as the top players. :lol:
Wisp

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart