Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

Official News and Announcements

Re: Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:57 pm

If its 4-30th that gets a three star I may enter, if its just 30th then I'll probably pass.

I'm curious, if some one starts 10-0 and then stops playing, can anyone else ever actually beat them or do they automatically get 1st (or at least tie for first with anyone else who gets to 10-0)?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby AnnaTheRed » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:00 pm

The Iczers in 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and 30th place get prizes. Not from 4th-30th.
Wisp wrote:It makes it more of a random consolation prize...

Our intention exactly.
We stole this idea from Japanese Alteil. Even though you aren't as good as the top 3 players (or top 29 players), you may still win a card!
Sure it's only a rarity 3 card, but it's better than nothing. ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm

AnnaTheRed wrote:The Iczers in 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and 30th place get prizes. Not from 4th-30th.
Wisp wrote:It makes it more of a random consolation prize...

Our intention exactly.
We stole this idea from Japanese Alteil. Even though you aren't as good as the top 3 players (or top 29 players), you may still win a card!
Sure it's only a rarity 3 card, but it's better than nothing. ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40

Oh... I was kinda of in Dan's ball park there.. Eee.

What if we don't get 30 entrants? Or does 30 -> Last place?

Same question as Dan - how exactly will a Tie be broken for 10-0 or 9-0 etc. etc. I imagine 11-0 > 10-0, but with only 10 battles it is entirely possible to have a group of people tied for a winning place with the exact same record.

EDIT: what kind of sealed is it? Like, here are 4 decks pick one, or here are X random cards make something?
Candi

Postby ANIMEniac » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:01 pm

For the winner, it does say battle records wins over % ties. It seems solid to stay at 10-0, but then again, the bolder player may just take the prize with 11-0. This urges players to gamble and decide to continue or not.
ANIMEniac

Postby slashzero » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:02 pm

About the sealed decks: are their positions random on the selection screen? Specifically, can I not blow 3*(number of sealed decks+1) dollars to find out what every single sealed deck is and pick the one I like?

Please say yes.
slashzero

Postby Logress » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:36 am

We'll be tie breaking using battle record, so yes, 11-0 record would beat a 10-0 record. I believe if two players have the same win % and the same record, then whoever has the least draws (sounds weird to me too, need to double check with the Japanese) has the advantage, and if that's the same, then whoever dueled last chronologically wins! So, if someone gets 10-0 and then stops, they'll be taking a bit of a risk. For a better chance you could go 9-0 and then go for your last win near the end of the tournament, I guess, but 11-0 would still beat you.

Now, the sealed decks are all, well, a random 100 cards, so you can't just pay 12 bucks to see them all. You can exit the tournament and re-enter for another 300 gran if you really don't like your cards, but that's a big risk because you could get worse or equal cards, and the relative value of the prizes will be diminished.
I played around with it and got something interesting just about every time. Since the 100 cards are from all spheres, there is going to be some serious multi-sphere action going on. I found that I got a strong enough selection of cards to have a main color, but that I wanted to either splash level 1's from two colors or level 2's from one color. One thing is for sure is that there's going to be a lot of surprises going around.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Wisp » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:17 am

It truly is random! I was able to make a deck out of them, so I'm sure others will too. It does make you think outside your comfort zone though.... but knowing others are going through the same thing takes a bit of the bite out. Even though it's 100 random, it still seems to keep to the rarity percentage, as I got a good number of low level cards to start play with only a few rarer ones in there. I'm really looking forward to this! *was only able to play one round before work* ^_^
Wisp

Postby teasel » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:14 am

i really would like to try a sealed tournament but i don't want to burn 300 gran (well not that i would be able to rack them unless i would give away one of the 5 star rare i have but no :/) especialy for prize i really don't desire so i was wondering... could you guys do a free tournament (or heck even better a sealed arena) with maybe a smaller/no prize following the same "100 random card" rules?
teasel

Postby Logress » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:47 am

Well... I'm sure I'd get an earful for a tournament with no prizes! Seriously, I think that Sealed Card File is the way to go, and I'd like to do more of them in the future.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:23 pm

There was an Iczer that finished yesterday that had "Tort" in his name and today he is no longer listed on the roster. I was surprised by this and I'm wondering where he and his record went?

EDIT: Now that I look more closely, I notice GaoGaiGirl isn't there either. Not as odd, but still an observation.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart