Batora EX up in shop!

Official News and Announcements

Re: Batora EX up in shop!

Postby Cytrik » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:51 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Soooo has anyone found a good use for Leopold yet? I've seen him played lots and every time he gets played the person playing him loses

'm gonna buy them in a little bit. I'll test some files throughout the week. Message me your free times this weekend, Gon. I'll test them against a real file with you. I have some ideas, but I won't be in Folrart to see if they're already done. I kinda wanna do the trial and error myself. lol WITHOUT USING FIERTE, EITHER!
Paper is sorta OP... Scissors are getting sharper. ~Rock
"Based off of Alteil Errata 5/27/11."
Cytrik

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:19 am

You can try, but while you play him ill just play more attacking units and probably win :p
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby piratipper » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:57 am

kudaotai wrote:
piratipper wrote:For the record- let me be the first to say Leopold needs a major hit with the nerf stick.

this make me lmfao. leo is not good at all. dont judge a book by its cover and its writer, read it yourself. meaning, i've play him, unplayable, botcher, no synergy. the only worth about him is his action skill, provided he is still alive when he about to use it. nerf? gimme a break, nerfing dead card is a joke. go go gafc pucera!!
if only i had playable set of lawtia, i would grind folrart with joachim. :?

btw, i dont see any extended use of +rng for gowen, it should be agi if leo to start with agi 2. well, whatever, everybody hates gowen anyway.

Whatever- tell that to my win streak in folrart. I'll be breaking 2000 any second now with my monsters/leo file. Just this last match I beat Pluu's 2000+ fairy/shin/bringer file, which is a pretty bad match-up for monsters.

He is seriously awesome with gorrilla's action skill, makes rhino scarier, superboosts alraune, self buffs nicely, protects 40hp units against 40 damage ss, buff his attack with ex yuni and he becomes a big hitting ranged hitter, and if you have half a brain his action skill is VERY useful when you combine it with buffing his attack. Incredibly versatile unit, just requires a little thought to be used effectively.

His open skill is not a problem becase you just play him after youve got the rest of your field out! Next turn just play a dragons breath or a fruit or something. Suprising how many rushers don't seem to understand this fact.

There is some SERIOUS untapped potential with this card, range manipulation is a big deal with loads of combo's no-ones discovered yet.

I would also appreciate it if you didn't childishly deride my opinion, you can disagree and argue by all means, but 'lmfao'ing it is not cool. You can spend your time 'lfao' ing and I can spend my time winning with my awesome leo file.
piratipper

Postby keytosky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 am

you know what, Leopold is more suited to boost lvl3 unit to lvl4(rather than lvl2 to lvl3 other than himself & alrune) since he almost boost himself first, so he is no real good for almost pure lvl2 gowen rush units files.they are 14 lvl3 gowen units that are slow(agi1-2) and any boost of 10hp/10atk real make them a lot more powerful. leopold conditonal use of his ability at lvl3 alreadly suggest using lvl3 units. when more lvl3 slow & good gowen units come out in the future,he will become more useful.
keytosky

Postby Avraxis » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:04 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Soooo has anyone found a good use for Leopold yet? I've seen him played lots and every time he gets played the person playing him loses

I play Leo in my Alraune deck and I don't always lose. :)
If I do, it's because the Flower gets owned and not because of Leo. I rarely play him, though, he's not a pivot in this deck.

But I learned one thing. When something gets returned to your deck the turn you set him, you can play the returned unit. I had it a few times with EX Mercenary Girl and once with Alraune returned by a SS when I played Leo. It seems the open skill works only on cards that were in your deck when it activated.
Artist wrote:CURSE YOU WHO TALKS WELL! CURSES!

qft
Avraxis

Postby keytosky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 am

it only lock those cards in your file,so any unit return by any grim,unit's skill or ss when Leopold set can be put to field again the next turn.
keytosky

Postby phailures » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 pm

What exactly does Leo's action skill do? It's sort of confusing.
phailures

Postby keytosky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 pm

phailures wrote:What exactly does Leo's action skill do? It's sort of confusing.

he aim at the random enemy ones he can attack within range which/who has hp=his att or below.
imagine a enemy unit with 30/60 hp and leo has 30atk and this enemy is within his range. So he does 30 dmg to this guy. it is not direct dmg,so if enemy has 30/60hp and 10def,he does only 20dmg to that guy.this means his action skill is not so effective against units with def. that why HE IS SLOW,to pinpoint at enemy units with low hp after the faster units of yours do some dmg to them.
keytosky

Postby Arakis » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:45 pm

It's similar to how Sergis' auto skill works. It will only (randomly) target cards in range whose HP is the same as or less than Leo's AT. This way, you can narrow down the randomness of what he's going to hit and (provided none of those cards have enough DF to survive it) guarantee yourself a kill. This can be especially effective once Leo has buffed his own range to where he can hit the entire enemy field.
Arakis

Postby Otonashi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:01 pm

I find that the RNG boost is lethal when combined with pinpointing units. Now, Gowen doesn't have many pinpointers to speak of, but perhaps with Pullermia (or a +2 Falkow/+1 Gowen SS) you could try a low level rush with Wizard Archer of Regus or some other normally-frail Falkows. Not only is Wizard Archer's base attack insane for a Lv2, but Leopold's HP buff will stop salamanders and she'll be able to reach the entire field for 60 damage at Lv4.

Who knows, maybe a Ladol/Leopold combo would work? I'd try it if I had more than 1 Ladol, but I don't.
Otonashi

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart