Alteil Grand Championship

Official News and Announcements

Re: Alteil Grand Championship

Postby FisherChew » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:52 am

Why are we having the qualifier on a weekday rather than a weekend? I for one cannot participate....
私に力を与えたことを後悔するがいい!USアルテイル!!
FisherChew

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:32 am

FisherChew wrote:Why are we having the qualifier on a weekday rather than a weekend? I for one cannot participate....

I guess they wanted an event that catered specifically to the unemployed? ;)
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:32 pm

I work this weekend... which means I can't stay up until 6 in the morning anyway, so I'm screwed regardless. Maybe having a 24 hour event was not the best of ideas but w/e.
LoneKnight

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:10 pm

I just realized how absurd this event it is, it's basically catering straight to the spike grinder crowd and that's it. Can't grind wins like crazy in one day? Sorry, you're no good to qualify in what I perceive to be one of the biggest tournaments in Alteil USA history. Only one of the 4 qualifiers caters to outside of this group (and only barely). Why didn't you decide to hold a qualifying tournament, or multiple qualifying tournaments that are sealed draft? Would settle a lot more easily with me.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:11 am

I agree with Rom.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyglare » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:14 am

Because the most dedicated will take that day off, sleep until the qualifiers start and then battle it out for 24 hours. We can expect no less from the US Champion.

When it's US vs Japan, I want someone like that up there.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Lateralus923 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Icyglare wrote:Because the most dedicated will take that day off, sleep until the qualifiers start and then battle it out for 24 hours. We can expect no less from the US Champion.

When it's US vs Japan, I want someone like that up there.

We can only hope our US representitive(s?) was(were) able to pull through, but there's a pretty good chance that the Izcer accounts with multiple users won. Sadly enough, this didn't measure skill or even dedication - just how many people you can cycle in.

Let's hope the GMs can enforce.
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby xPillow » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:22 pm

hi, i was just wondering. i was under the impression that everyone in japan was playing alteil2 or alteil3 or something. so is the Japanese rep. just really old school or what? and i thought fo sho the two had different cards (tweaked, extra releases, etc).. so how is a US vs. Japan match going to work?

just curious.
xPillow

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart