FIRMAMENT is GRAND CHAMPION

Official News and Announcements

FIRMAMENT is GRAND CHAMPION

Postby Logress » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Firmament defeated FischerChew in a match so exciting, that if I described it to you, you'd be so jealous that you didn't see it with your own eyes that you'd hate me forever. So I'll spare that situation, and post the replay tomorrow instead.

Firmament is now officially the Grand Champion of English Alteil, and in addition to the glory and riches, (and a little Icon that will sit next to his name for a year with a gold crown on it,) he gets to face off against the Japanese Champion to decide the WORLD CHAMPION.

So here's the good news, it looks like the Japanese have agreed to holding the match on our server with our cards! The bad news is that it's going to be in March, and the Japanese champion will be playing on our servers --EVERY DAY-- until then to learn our game. He may have already started. Let the paranoia begin!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: FIRMAMENT is GRAND CHAMPION

Postby bob000 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 pm

As much as I appreciate a free win for the US this seems like an overwhelming advantage. Isn't a better way to have alternating rulesets games with a win by 2 clause. Admittedly I expect such a match to be very long with each player constantly winning on their home turf but that says something about how large I think home ruleset advantage is.
bob000

Postby heartbroken » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Congrats Firmament.xD

And Japanese Champion already in our servers.. o.o hopefully id get to meet him.
He should be introduced. O.O
heartbroken

Postby Harterial » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Congratulations! Firmament played very well.

Ron is the Japanese champion. (incidentally, this is the word you call when you win in riichi mahjong xD) He is ridiculously skilled - Alteil II has so many more skills and mechanics in their game, and mastering/knowing them all requires a ton of work.

Perhaps our game may seem too limiting - then again, it may be easier. Who knows. I'm wondering if Ron knows english - reading the game mechanics will take a lot of time if not...

This will be a very interesting final match.
Harterial

Postby methebest » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 am

i have a funny feeling rons not the only person from jp who has came over lol
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby azurewrath » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 am

Will this JP champ be cruising through Folrart with a complete set of cards?
azurewrath

Postby keytosky » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 am

i wonder if the japanese champion needs to spend money on set8 even if he has everything from set 1 to set7. afterall his main acc is in japan. or his english acc is temporary until March?
keytosky

Postby garcia1000 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 am

The many congratulations and well-wishes for Firmament shows the depth of community respect for him!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Pluu » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:30 am

gl firmament! you can do it !♥
*pompom-cheer*
Pluu

Postby Gota » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:45 am

I think there is no way that he would need to spend a dime on this game just to battle firmament, so it should be safe to say that he should have 3x every single card including set8 for free.

He might have even been one of the set8 testers for all we know.

btw where is the finals replay ;loading
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Next

Return to Castle Folrart