Burrough of Alteil 2011

Official News and Announcements

Burrough of Alteil 2011

Postby Logress » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm not sure I'm ready to do anything so big as a State of Alteil, or even a District or City of Alteil. How does a Burrough sound?

Events - Something you may have noticed is since August, we've been doing more events, some good, some less good, some wacky and fun, some serious. One thing we're going to try to do is keep this up for the entire next year. Collecting events, team events, we'll keep trying new stuff. Japan is good at events, this is kind of what they do to keep their games interesting, so they've assigned one of their people to come up with events and push us to keep doing them.

Achievements - Unfortunately our grand scheme of implementing a 60-Achievement system we'd then add to every month has been beaten in the head by the reality of insufficient staff. However, we had a brainstorm, if we only had a few achievements but they were ALL repeatable with some kind of cooldown period, that would probably make people pretty happy. Also, we could come out with one here, one there and they'd add up. Hopefully we'll be able to get one up per month or so. Lupos has been tweaking the code to the present achievement system to make it more generic and re-usable (which reminds me, if any of them have stopped working all of a sudden in the last month... let us know.)

Version UP - This is what Japan calls a back-end upgrade. We're going to replace some chunks of the back end with more of the newer Alteil JP components, and hopefully switch out the My Iczer Page and the Shop and (oh my G*d) the Tutorial around the same time. This is planed for sometime in the next 2 months or so.

Shop Items - Once we have the new Shop, we're going to increase the number of shop choices. The Japanese shop has sorting functions and a main page of selected items from all the other sections (so shop choices won't get lost in the shuffle), plus the capability of ANY NUMBER OF LOTTERY BUTTONS. (crash of thunder and lightning)

Cashier - we're going to try something new in the cashier, actually it's already implemented and we're just waiting for some legal stuff before we turn it on. It's in the Cashier, but hopefully it'll make free players just as happy as paying players.

Cards - Looking over last year, we only came out with two full Card Sets. That's probably part of the reason why our card use was the best balanced ever, but the reality of Folrart was pretty bad at times. Too much time between sets for cards to settle to the top. We're not going to do as many card Sets as the years before (when it became too difficult to collect cards before the next set came out), but we'll aim for three, a nice middle ground.

Lavato Heroes - We've mostly gotten over ourselves and are willing to do it if we can fit it in. Probably don't have time to re-balance the Japanese cards, though, so if you play the Japanese version and want a pre-nerf, you might want to make a note at the planning forum.

OK, that's it for now. I'll add more if I think of it.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Burrough of Alteil 2011

Postby Spears » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:31 pm

woo heroes.

i am looking forward to it all, good luck.

but this " hopefully it'll make free players just as happy as paying players" i chuckled.
Spears

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Periodic achievements favours the veteran, while a "list" of 50 or so one time achievements would favour the newcomers. Even if it's more difficult, I honestly think you should be shooting for that one, or at least try to do as many of it as possible.

Also, great work on the events. And I wish you did these kind of posts more often. It's just good to know what the hell is actually going on.
LoneKnight

Postby Visfarix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Napoleon is never going to come out is it? :cry:
Visfarix

Postby mightbegod » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Alright! The repeatable achievements idea sounds great, although it really depends on the prizes, cooldown, and achievement I suppose.

Keep it up on the events, 5 of 7s are phenomenal way to get point cards and the snowflake collecting thing is really fun! (Although I seem to be getting alot of right sides and few left sides lol)

Upgrade to the HUD sounds awesome, especially the multiple lotterys, I think that's something people have been waiting for for quite some time and we be very pleased to see! Always good to have more buying options in the shop of course.

3 sets a year sounds perfect to me. I get most excited about the game shortly after sets come out, but always seem to get bored a couple of months afterward and tend to quit for awhile. This would keep my downtime more minimal.

Lavato Heroes: Meh, I don't really care to be honest. I played the japanese version, and didn't find it nearly as fun as Alteil myself. But if others want it, so be it. May be someone elses cup of tea so to speak, may even keep things more interesting!
mightbegod

Postby harvest4god » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:56 pm

LoneKnight wrote:Periodic achievements favours the veteran, while a "list" of 50 or so one time achievements would favour the newcomers. Even if it's more difficult, I honestly think you should be shooting for that one, or at least try to do as many of it as possible.

Also, great work on the events. And I wish you did these kind of posts more often. It's just good to know what the hell is actually going on.

The repeatable quests would hopefully turn newcomers to veterans as it gives them more options to stay. It's a solid way of pleasing both the old timers and the new borns :)
harvest4god

Postby AznApple » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 pm

So Set 11 by end of 2011?

I LIKE!!!
AznApple

Postby harvest4god » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:29 pm

AznApple wrote:So Set 11 by end of 2011?

I LIKE!!!

Slaps forehead.
harvest4god

Postby Otonashi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Set 11 is going to launch on November 11, 2011. >.>
Otonashi

Postby AznApple » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Otonashi wrote:Set 11 is going to launch on November 11, 2011. >.>

Probably won't happen...but my money is waiting for it :D
AznApple