Burrough of Alteil 2011

Official News and Announcements

Re: Burrough of Alteil 2011

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:36 am

Logress wrote:Events - ... Japan is good at events, this is kind of what they do to keep their games interesting, so they've assigned one of their people to come up with events and push us to keep doing them.

The way you worded this, makes it sound like you needed someone to push you from behind to do something right.

Achievements - ... However, we had a brainstorm, if we only had a few achievements but they were ALL repeatable with some kind of cooldown period, that would probably make people pretty happy. Also, we could come out with one here, one there and they'd add up.

I dont think anyone requested a massive amount of achievements right from the start. I honestly expected you would simply add up one here and there, right from the moment you announced them. I dont understand, from what you wrote, what exactly you were trying to do up till now, instead of the current plan for achievements (which sounds basically the way you first announced the achievement system) ...

Version UP -

yay ...

Shop Items - Once we have the new Shop, we're going to increase the number of shop choices. The Japanese shop has sorting functions and a main page of selected items from all the other sections (so shop choices won't get lost in the shuffle), plus the capability of ANY NUMBER OF LOTTERY BUTTONS. (crash of thunder and lightning)

more options to obtain EX cards please
I mean, you shouldnt ever expect me to build the time machine and then to time travel back to when the EX 7 were up just to buy them!

Cards - We're not going to do as many card Sets as the years before (when it became too difficult to collect cards before the next set came out), but we'll aim for three, a nice middle ground.

yay for more variety
But do plan more often erratas along with that. I have no doubt it will help you.

Lavato Heroes - We've mostly gotten over ourselves and are willing to do it if we can fit it in. Probably don't have time to re-balance the Japanese cards, though, so if you play the Japanese version and want a pre-nerf, you might want to make a note at the planning forum.

Thats great and i want to repeat i dont care about the LH balance. If you add them as in the jp version then its all good and fine. The game concept is just for fun in the first place, so thats why i dont have any issues with the imbalances.
Also the mechanics somehow manage to balance the cards better:
- random draw
- random reward SP
- you need cards from all 4 spheres ;th2
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby frozenstar » Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:
Lavato Heroes - We've mostly gotten over ourselves and are willing to do it if we can fit it in. Probably don't have time to re-balance the Japanese cards, though, so if you play the Japanese version and want a pre-nerf, you might want to make a note at the planning forum.

Thats great and i want to repeat i dont care about the LH balance. If you add them as in the jp version then its all good and fine. The game concept is just for fun in the first place, so thats why i dont have any issues with the imbalances.
Also the mechanics somehow manage to balance the cards better:
- random draw
- random reward SP
- you need cards from all 4 spheres ;th2

I love LH, too. But that could be a problem if people go to LH and the AL player will become less >_< .......
frozenstar

Postby kudaotai » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:14 am

OKAY!!! LET'S HAVE A MID YEAR REVIEW!!

Logress wrote:Events - Something you may have noticed is since August, we've been doing more events, some good, some less good, some wacky and fun, some serious. One thing we're going to try to do is keep this up for the entire next year. Collecting events, team events, we'll keep trying new stuff. Japan is good at events, this is kind of what they do to keep their games interesting, so they've assigned one of their people to come up with events and push us to keep doing them.

ok

Logress wrote:Achievements - Unfortunately our grand scheme of implementing a 60-Achievement system we'd then add to every month has been beaten in the head by the reality of insufficient staff. However, we had a brainstorm, if we only had a few achievements but they were ALL repeatable with some kind of cooldown period, that would probably make people pretty happy. Also, we could come out with one here, one there and they'd add up. Hopefully we'll be able to get one up per month or so. Lupos has been tweaking the code to the present achievement system to make it more generic and re-usable (which reminds me, if any of them have stopped working all of a sudden in the last month... let us know.)

mmm...

Logress wrote:Version UP - This is what Japan calls a back-end upgrade. We're going to replace some chunks of the back end with more of the newer Alteil JP components, and hopefully switch out the My Iczer Page and the Shop and (oh my G*d) the Tutorial around the same time. This is planed for sometime in the next 2 months or so.

ok

Logress wrote:Shop Items - Once we have the new Shop, we're going to increase the number of shop choices. The Japanese shop has sorting functions and a main page of selected items from all the other sections (so shop choices won't get lost in the shuffle), plus the capability of ANY NUMBER OF LOTTERY BUTTONS. (crash of thunder and lightning)

ok. but the one that CAPITALIZED seems to missing out...

Logress wrote:Cashier - we're going to try something new in the cashier, actually it's already implemented and we're just waiting for some legal stuff before we turn it on. It's in the Cashier, but hopefully it'll make free players just as happy as paying players.

great.

Logress wrote:Cards - Looking over last year, we only came out with two full Card Sets. That's probably part of the reason why our card use was the best balanced ever, but the reality of Folrart was pretty bad at times. Too much time between sets for cards to settle to the top. We're not going to do as many card Sets as the years before (when it became too difficult to collect cards before the next set came out), but we'll aim for three, a nice middle ground.

its june already. i have the nerve to say you wont achieve 3 set.

Logress wrote:Lavato Heroes - We've mostly gotten over ourselves and are willing to do it if we can fit it in. Probably don't have time to re-balance the Japanese cards, though, so if you play the Japanese version and want a pre-nerf, you might want to make a note at the planning forum.

2012, ok?
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby harvest4god » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 am

I would say that have done pretty well as most of what they promised has come about. The few things that have not been done, are definetly due to shortage of staff. They only recently got miloB, who's a new coder, and he get the daily achievement rolling. I think we might see more renewable achievements before the year is over. Overall, I think they are doing great for this year.
harvest4god

Postby kudaotai » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:13 pm

yeah, so far it seems a lot of thing are according to plan, at burrough level. lol. Only the set release looks lagging. According to the plan they aim for 3 set, set 9 should be released in april, set 10 august and set 11 december\. since it is june already, it seems they can manage 2 sets only this year, or even worse only one. I feel that it is actually a very good time to release a new set by this month or july, so that they can actually pick up the pace achieve all 2011 goals. if LH ever possible in this year, i'm expecting it at the end of the year... or 2012... the end of mankind.. lol

since you done pretty well for a burrough, lets try district of alteil next year. YEAHHHH!!!
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby Spears » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:24 pm

They did utilise the multiple lotto functionality for sphere lotto as for set release
Logress wrote: a series of issues with our Japan half (most notably a huge natural disaster and then a merger between their company and Game Pot) has put us behind

Daily duelist definitely seems to be the foundations for repeatable achievements.
Spears

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:07 pm

frozenstar wrote:I love LH, too. But that could be a problem if people go to LH and the AL player will become less >_< .......

Many (including me) go to japanese LH, because they dont add it over here. So thats even worse!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby AngelicDeath » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi all,

Well to sum up I believe we are doing ok this year. The addition of Milo B has ,in my opinion, really had a positive effect and the results can be seen.
The natural disasters that hit japan plus the merger really hurt. We are now approaching a 2 month delay on set 9 release. The errata was great. I commend those that took part in the editing process and thank them for their efforts.

Somehow we need to stick to an EX release /month in between set releases to keep things fresh and "moving". There are plenty of sets ahead of us and plenty of EX cards so it all comes down to timing and data. Those that make the cards (stats and mechanics) really need to ensure that no card is super unbalanced. i realize this aspect is hard because the cards come to the USA team from the Japanese HQ and revisions are made based off our testers reviews. That is kinda weird to me but that's the system i suppose.

Keep up the hard work and lets keep things rolling,
cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Yeah Milo is a total boss! We should come up with a cool nick name for him... like Milo the Invincible!!!!! ... or something. Also Folrart really has been a lot more packed this year and especially recently than compared to when I started way back 15 monthsish ago.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Khalida » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Rather Milo the one without GM music :lol: Fix that Milos ;)
Khalida

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart