So I Hear you like Free Gran CASHIER UPGRADE

Official News and Announcements

Re: So I Hear you like Free Gran CASHIER UPGRADE

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Lupos - if you set up the interface for this payment system - is there any way for you to put a feedback next to them as Alteil gets credited for the offer.

IE maybe an icon with a little number next to it (indicating # of successful transactions)

Ether that, or allow Izcers to give a thumbs up or thumbs down based on whether they are credited??
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby lupos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Batou wrote:I think it was apparent from the tone of my post, but in case it wasn't clear -- I wasn't complaining. In Logress's front page news announcement about Super Rewards he asked for everyone to have look at the feature and then leave feedback. So, that's all I was doing.

Didn't mean for you specifically, or at all really. There seem to be a lot of people upset by it. Feed back is "The surveys seems to be mostly useless because you can spend a lot of time and still not get anything. I will try other options and let you know." Pancakes specificaly said we [quote=pancakes] Could just balance the game instead of making people dance like monkeys.[/quote] That's not helpful.

Lateralus923 wrote:Lupos - if you set up the interface for this payment system - is there any way for you to put a feedback next to them as Alteil gets credited for the offer.

IE maybe an icon with a little number next to it (indicating # of successful transactions)

Ether that, or allow Izcers to give a thumbs up or thumbs down based on whether they are credited??

The answer is no/maybe. There are 3 options for displaying the info on the "offer wall".

1. Just paste in their iframe code that loads it into the game for us (option we currently use)

2. Same as above but we can use css to custom style it. I.E. change colors and layout to a certain extent.

3. Use their XML feed of info and built a custom interface myself.

Number 2 doesn't really do much for us except maybe make it a bit easier to see more info in the relatively small alteil game window.

I will look into 3 and see if there is any other info but the issue is we don't actual store any offer ids on our end when a suer completes them so unless they pass us the info about how many times our users have completed each I don't think make that happen. One option for the long term could be a rating system of sorts separate from usage. Where people could just like/dislike different offers and we then present a rating but that woudl be a pretty serious undertaking so we will have to see how worth while that is. I've got a pretty full plate as is.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:37 pm

This sounds like something that they should be doing on their end tbh. It's not Alteil's responsibility to filter their (SR's) clienté.
LoneKnight

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks for the response. I get what you're saying about it being fed in. I guess something similar to the list of most successful ones that was posted earlier may be the best case for now.

Most of those things are kinda silly. I'm not giving my home address!! Lol. But I thought I'd mess around, and i guess I'll just check back occasionally for low hanging fruit.

Yeah - I don't think super rewards should be your top priority! Balance the game! JK
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby lumera » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey good news, some of the offers that didn't report within 15 minutes finally showed up, so I do have some free Gran but it doesn't show up in my alteil account. On the SuperRewards page it shows up that I have free gran. Is there something you have to do to redeem??
lumera

Postby lupos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:16 pm

lumera wrote:Hey good news, some of the offers that didn't report within 15 minutes finally showed up, so I do have some free Gran but it doesn't show up in my alteil account. On the SuperRewards page it shows up that I have free gran. Is there something you have to do to redeem??

The way it works is you are supposed to go to some web page at some point hosted by the offerer that has a bit of code it in that confirms to SR that you completed it. So if you got it confirmed late perhaps they sent you an email with a link, if you signed up for something, or you have to go to a certain page. For example we actually have an offer ourselves on SR for new registrations. The user does nto get the gran until they reach the "chose a deck" page. We specify this in our instructions but some others may not be so clear. As I said before you have to contact SR with any issues. If they don't help then let me know.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby lumera » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Well SR did say I completed the offers, I just don't see the gran showing up in the alteil client. Seems like everything is good on the SR side but I don't know why the gran wasn't transferred to my alteil account...
lumera

Postby lupos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:42 pm

They have a direct line to our server. When they tell us you have gran, you get gran. Possible they haven't updated our end yet, though I don't know why there would be a delay. I'll see what I can find out.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby lumera » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

That's what I figured, I mean I was logged into the client and that's how I was able to click the offers to complete so I don't see how that would get messed up. I'll keep checking back to see if the gran gets in there but won't hold my breath.
lumera

Postby Sol2xl » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:58 pm

I still only received gran for one of maybe 8 things I completed. I think I'll hold off on this system till its a bit more refined.
I'm doing my best to have a good time, this game just doesn't seem like it wants me too.
Sol2xl

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart