RP RESET

Official News and Announcements

RP RESET

Postby Logress » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:39 pm

I know we're not really using it much yet, but just in case you're wondering how RP works, I thought I'd take a minute to explain it. Also, it's going to reset back to 1500 tomorrow morning.
Most people already know that RP, an insanely clever abbreviation for Rating Points, only goes up or down in the Folrart Arena. I don't know the algorithm myself, but I do know beating a higher level opponent nets you a lot more RP than beating a lower level. The RP number is reported as X/Y, where X = current RP, and Y = highest RP ever. Default is 1500. This number is used for the RP ranking, as reported on the front page, and eventually we will use it for other things, as well. For one thing, if we have enough users to add more arenas, we'll probably add one only available for Iczers in certain RP ranges, because it is a more telling divider than level. Every time a new Set of cards comes out... like, oh, I don't know... tomorrow... we will reset RP. Only X of X/Y will reset, not Y-- assuming we do it right. We will store the final RP values so we can post under Rankings the RP ranking, one for each Expansion.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: RP RESET

Postby Souldier » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:10 pm

On the plus side, we have an evening to test out any crazy decks without suffering a severe RP rating if they're just too crazy. Or maybe even Refess decks. xD
The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach; be sure to stab with an upwards motion!
Souldier

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:14 pm

I just have one request: Save the RP before resetting, so at least we have a record of who was where before the reset. :ugeek: Months from now, we might be curious to see how things have shifted from one set to the next.

Edit: I need to learn to read the whole post before posting. 8-) Ignore me. You already said you are storing it. :mrgreen:
EvilGenius

Postby ManiacalSoul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:40 am

Crap, too late for me to get my other acct's RP past darknesslwk :( . Oh well. Nice idea having an RP for each new expansion tho...
ManiacalSoul

Return to Castle Folrart