Disaster in Japan

Official News and Announcements

Disaster in Japan

Postby Logress » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Unfortunately, not the name of an in-game event. Japan was hit this morning with its largest recorded earthquake. You can find details on your news site of choice, but so far this disaster is not nearly as bad as it could have been, thanks to the epicenter of the quake being a lot further from major population centers than the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923.

However, it's still petty bad. All transportation in Tokyo was shut down, and is still down in many areas. It seems like the only reliable form of communication is over the internet. So far it looks like our team at Alteil JP and the MB offices in Japan are okay, although they're spending the night in their offices and several of them have family and friends closer to the quake they are unable to contact.

Join us in wishing our friends and all of Japan good luck, and for those of our players in Japan, please take care of yourself.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Disaster in Japan

Postby harvest4god » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 pm

We are praying for you all. May God keep you all safe.
harvest4god

Postby neviscus » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Definitely keeping Japan in my prayers. Not only the Alteil Jp staff, but all of Japan.
neviscus

Postby Logress » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Logress

Postby methebest » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 am

a bit unrelated but they was a 6.1 of the coast tonga

im wondering if these have any thing to do with 2012 an earth quake in nz then in japan and the one near tonga wheres the next one going to land

also dont worry none of the alteil players from nz are near christchurch
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby angelspawn » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:12 am

I felt terrible when i saw the news. I admire the Japanese for their calmth and strength while facing this huge disaster... If there's anything i can do (disaster fund? voluntering to join foreign help/worker teams?) you can be sure i'll be on it. I just wish there'll be a way i can make a difference besides typing some pretty words. I'm not religious so i won't pray, but my heart goes out to all those hit by this disaster. Ever since i was a small kid i had this unexplainable love for the far East and my heart aches watching this all happen.
angelspawn

Postby AznApple » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Fellow Canadians,

Please donate here for the Japanese Tsunami Red Cross Fund: http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=38380

I spent about 200$ today doing so already :D
AznApple

Postby Romdeau » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:44 pm

My thoughts are with those affected by this disaster.
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 am

News is still coming in. Things are not good over there, may have to delay the championship. Tokyo is mostly just plagued by power outages and limited transportation at this point, but most people have friends and family in or near effected areas, so it's no exaggeration to say that everyone in Japan has to deal with it.
Logress

Postby Gota » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 pm

delaying 5/7 too?
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Next

Return to Castle Folrart