New Feature: Underdog List

Official News and Announcements

New Feature: Underdog List

Postby Logress » Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm

If you've ever been to a community tournament, you know of the endless quest to use cards that are not 'used ALL the time' or cards that don't 'show up EVERY match in Folrart.' But, there's really no way to know for sure if a card is in high use or not. UNTIL NOW. The ever-awesome Milo has created a new feature based on some code Lupos made for me a while back, the UNDERDOG LIST. This list keeps track of the bottom 75% or so cards of cards in use by High-RP players, so you can check them out any time.

Yes, I know that you'll see some very strong cards on the list. There are a lot of reasons a card might be on the list, and weakness or lack of support in the present card sets are not the only ones. Some files just go out of style because there are easier to play files that appeal to the same type of gamer, some have a particularly hard time with a File that's particularly prevalent at the moment. Some are pretty good, but have an RP 'ceiling' that's hard to get past, leaving higher RP players unlikely to use it, even though a lower RP player might find it pretty solid.

A few facts about the list: it's pretty stable. We'll be refreshing it only every two weeks. Why? Well, if you challenge someone to meet you in Training in ten minutes with a file using all underdog cards, and by the time he gets there the underdog list has changed-- that kind of defeats the purpose of the challenge.

There is also an UNDERDOG SOUL CARD LIST. But, it's not quite as useful at the moment because it displays grims.

You can check out the UNDERDOG LISTS at any time by going to GAME INFO -> STRATEGY on the left side of the main page.

If there's one guy playing one file 2000 times per day in Folrart, it won't effect the numbers much.

This list has no effect on the game (for the moment), it's just another tool for strategy and discussion. I'm looking forward to see how you all use it!

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/strateg ... play-cards

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/strateg ... soul-cards
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: New Feature: Underdog List

Postby Callonia » Wed May 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Logress and Milos, you guys chose poorly for the background color, Bright blue and dull blue matches, too hard to read the words, please change the background or text color. ><
Callonia

Postby LoneKnight » Wed May 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Just a thought; maybe it'd be better to make a "top tier cards" list since those take up about 1/3rd of the space. Also, including grims in "top tier soul cards" wouldn't be a problem!

Also, what is the way the list is ordered based one? Is it from most used to least used?
LoneKnight

Postby Logress » Wed May 11, 2011 2:39 pm

There were a variety of reasons I decided to go with this.

One being, if you are looking through the list and see a card you kind of like, you'll be like 'hey, that card isn't so bad. These guys are all idiots, I'll show them and make a great file with this card...' However, if it's a greatest hits toplist, it'll just turn into another 'guys with these cards win more? I better make a file with more of these cards!'
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby LoneKnight » Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Okay, that's fine, and kinda makes sense (although, the list being 75% makes this a moot point since there's no **** way that some cards wouldn't make it down there despite being awesome).

I gotta ask again though: How is the order decided?
LoneKnight

Postby Otonashi » Wed May 11, 2011 3:11 pm

At first glance, it looks like they're in default order. By that I mean, by Set (older sets at top), then by Sphere (Within sets, it goes Refess > Lawtia > Gowen > Falkow), then by Rarity (Within spheres, highest rarity on top)

Edit: However, there's a lot of inconsistencies when you look at it like that. For example, Noirweiden isn't with the other EX's in it's set. My guess is, they're grouped by some rating range we can't see, and THEN sorted by default order. I'd have to guess higher use cards are closer to the bottom.
Otonashi

Postby miloB » Wed May 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Callonia wrote:Logress and Milos, you guys chose poorly for the background color, Bright blue and dull blue matches, too hard to read the words, please change the background or text color. ><

Fire Fox sucks (if thats what you're using). but i fixed it for you.
miloB

Postby kore » Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm

"Yellow Snowflake 0
Pink Easter Egg 0
Purple Easter Egg 0
Blue Easter Egg 0
Yellow Easter Egg 0
Evil Easter Egg"

Cool ! ;attack ;attack ;attack

OK for serious cool stuff, It's great to see such activity etc. But I'm little concerned about other stuff aswell. It's just you have my expectations up since milo joined and more stuff is coming :) GJ ! ;zagar ;th2
kore

Postby Callonia » Wed May 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Woo thanks miloB!

And yeah I'm using firefox and no it don't suck. IE is outdated relic but meh read microsoft released new IE but dont' care about upgrading it I don't wanna ridiculous disconnections.

Ever since firefox released personas for firefox I haven't looked back in years. KOS-MOS RULZ
Callonia

Postby miloB » Wed May 11, 2011 4:38 pm

There are other options besides IE. theres Opera, Safari, Chrome. all which had no problems displaying the colors correctly. I also suggest you get the latest version of firefox that may help as well.
miloB

Next

Return to Castle Folrart