Weekend Warriors Tournament Sept 19-20th

Official News and Announcements

Re: Weekend Warriors Tournament Sept 19-20th

Postby slashzero » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:12 pm

Woah, I didn't realize the card numbers jumped from 99 to 171. Sorry about that.
slashzero

Postby Thespi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 pm

I have to "ditto" the finding enough players before Midnight Eastern time! I haven't had much time to be online as much as I thought I would... :cry:

My fee may just be a donation to the cause if this keeps up... ah well...

;a40 still totally rocks

Just made it in the last half hour! Yay! ;th2
"A Lady should be more elegant," - Lumiere (Kiddy Grade)
Thespi

Postby Mirth » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:43 pm

I would love to see along with the "top" winners (or all players for that matter) - the information about what they included in their winning (or not) card files. I think one of the best decks I saw was a lawtia "forever darkness" deck (lucky pull!).

My own personal feelings from the tournament was that winning:

1. Required good luck on the card file pull: What do you have 3 cards of? SS abilities? What cards have synergy?

2. Good management/play skills.

3. LOTS of time (I found it VERY difficult at times to find someone to duel against). I think this was especially difficult for people who entered the tournament Saturday (See Lack of Duels).

At the end the tournament showed at least 39 registered entries. The Rankings for the tournament show 30 people... 24 who got in 10 or more duels... of which 15 (including myself) had 10 duels Total. So only 9 people had more than 10 duels.

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/rankings

-Lack of duels can be attributed to:

1. Dislike of Random card file so only put in 10 duels to get ranked.
2. Getting a win percentage after 10 duels that you like so you don't continue. (Possible Examples: Top Spots #2 & 4 who each had 10 duels total - though #3 & #5 had only 12 & 13 duels total respectively). Since the person stops, they are no longer available to play against. So if someone pulled in a great win streak on Friday, they may decide not to play on Saturday.
3. Not finding anyone to duel against. (Awake different times, etc.) - Maybe have a web page that shows peak times (graph) when people are on? (In general + tournaments?)

Amazingly enough, the winner (#1) had 46 duels (43/3) which is 21 duels more than the person with the next highest duel number (6th place) of 25 duels (15/10).

From the W/L Record on the Rankings I counted approx. 340 (adding up W/L records). Since each match requires 2 people... 340/2 = 170 matches. (Note: this doesn't account for people who were in the tournament beyond 30 who played less than 10 matches and had a percentage of lower than 33.33%)

46/170 = So the winner played in over 27% of the total matches played. (Now I'm even more curious what the card file was!)

Sincerely thinking,
Mirth
Mirth

Postby Justice » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:44 pm

What I want to know is how are prizes distributed? I get a choice of any 2* right?
Stay frosty and shoot for the moon!
Justice

Postby DWildstar » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Justice wrote:What I want to know is how are prizes distributed? I get a choice of any 2* right?

Yep, just email Logress the card you want and he'll add it to your account. Logress at alteil dot com
DWildstar

Postby Zeige » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:25 am

DWildstar wrote:
Justice wrote:What I want to know is how are prizes distributed? I get a choice of any 2* right?

Yep, just email Logress the card you want and he'll add it to your account. Logress at alteil dot com

Oh. Didnt know that. Thanks

Well, What i remember of my deck is that i had: 3 Coatl, 2 Phoenix, and pretty much 2 or 1 of everything else. So ;a41 was my strongest sphere. I normally play ;a40 and up until the tourney have never played any other sphere.

I played 13 matches and lost my last one to someone (the tourney winner) who played 35 matches at the time of our match. I ended up 9-4 69.2%.
I started Saturday at noon est and finally got 10 matches around 6:30pm est. it was hard to get matches but was fun figuring out a strategy to play.
Zeige

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart