IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (about the future)

Official News and Announcements

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (about the future)

Postby Logress » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Some of you may have noticed that I've been off working on one of my special projects (no, not Set 9... although I've been plugging away at that too) and mumbling about my endless quest to change where the servers are located. Now, I can finally make our big announcement of the summer.

And before anyone asks, yes, GaoGaiGirl, myself, and to some extent Lupos and Arakis will be remaining as GM's.

ANNOUNCEMENT OF TRANSFER OF ALTEIL US TO GAMEPOT

Media Blasters LLC (hereafter “MB”) and Gamepot, Inc. (“Gamepot”) have announced that MB is transferring all rights and business operations of Alteil US to Gamepot, the original owner of Alteil, as of July 21st, 2011.

What does that mean to you, our valued Alteil US players?

A new Terms and Conditions agreement. For legal reasons, a new company means a new Terms and Conditions agreement. We apologize for the inconvenience, but there will be a point next month when all Alteil US players will have to agree to a new T&C to continue logging in.

Integration with Gamepot and Gamepot USA Inc. (“GamepotUSA”), the US subsidiary of Gamepot’s family of games, and the PotCash virtual currency system. You will be able to login to all present and future GamepotUSA games, including Alteil, with your newly created GamepotUSA account, and exchange PotCash for Gran with expanded Cashier options, discounts and special offers. Your Alteil Iczer Name will remain the same.

Support of the Gamepot family. Additional staff will be added to Alteil. With the new resources available to us, we will remain committed to upgrades, events and support for years to come.

New Servers. Alteil will be transferred to new servers at a new facility. There will be as little downtime as possible during the transition. Servers will remain in the US.

In addition, we will be adding some new features to commemorate the transition. Please keep an eye on the web site for more information in the upcoming weeks!

Our thanks to you, the Alteil community, for playing Alteil and supporting us so far. We hope you will continue playing, so we can watch Alteil continue to grow together.

-Alteil Staff

NOTE: Exact schedule and dates of system integration subject to change.

About Gamepot, Inc.

Established in 2001, Gamepot, Inc. is a Japanese developer and publisher of online games, including Fantasy Earth Zero, Pangya, and Paperman. The company became a wholly owned subsidiary of So-net Entertainment Corporation (formerly known as Sony Communication Network Corporation) in 2008. Recent milestones include the announcement of a new Wizardry Online during E3 2011, including Japanese, European, and North American launches of the game.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (about the future)

Postby Logress » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:47 pm

I assume there will be a lot of questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:54 pm

I only have one question, when is set 9?
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Eh... what about Milo? :?:
Also there will no change for those with some extra account right? :roll:
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Xovian » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Well a bit unexpected I must say.
I'm sure I'll have questions a bit later.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Skorn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:08 pm

As long as our current accounts are migrated over I forsee no difficulties.

What I truly hope this new avenue opens up is some long awaited changes that the community has been crying out for. But then I remember that this is Alteil so thats not happening. Best of luck with the transfer.
"Life sucks, eat a pickle."
Skorn

Postby DDrgn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:16 pm

LOL. You know what July 21st is?

MY BIRTHDAY. 8-)

How much and what kind of "additional staff" are we talking about?
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Xovian » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Not trying to do a double post here Logress, but given the questions in chat on Alteil, it might be nice if one of you could log onto the chat channel to help answer peoples questions.
Know yall probably got a lot going on, but it might get the word out easier, and as people ask latter (after business hours) people in chat might be able to answer depending on what we've heard.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Heavenabyss » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:26 pm

my question is, do we have to download the gamepot client to play games? i relly hope not, for my space is getting full.
[lots of mmo games]
Heavenabyss

Postby NitroDino » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Will we get Lavato Heroes?
NitroDino

Next

Return to Castle Folrart